light skin: so much for intelligent design...

by googlemagoogle 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

I suppose the best way is for ultra fair people to stay indoors in the summer while the sun is high or walk in the shade if it's possible. I also have a very pale skin but perhaps not as much as you describe, and I don't go out in the summer from 11 AM to 5 PM when in a hot country.

At what time of the year does the sun get too strong for you?

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

ditto on your thoughts!

I spent Saturday at the beach and I will be having my skin peeling off in a few! And I used 50 sunblock! Sheesh!

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

racialy mixed children will become more common but they will never become the norm. With so much pressure to conform to one side or the other people of mixed race will eventually form their own unique culture and exclusively marry each other for the most part. in fact it's a social movement that's already starting to happen on a small scale in the United States with biracial people of white/black backgrounds. Eventually it will taboo for a black or white man to marry a so called "bi-racial" woman.

besides, its hardly a new phenominon. Most South American people are a mixture of spanish, portuguise, african, and aboriginal blood. People of the Mediteranian and North African countries have mixed for centuries to the point that country of birth and native culture determine who's "white" or "black" more than anything else. It's also been estimated that most African-Americans are only 75% African with the other 25% being a mixture of other races, usually white and ameircan indian.

All things considered it's hardly a facet of evolution and more a continuation of things that have been happening since the creation of human kind.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Eventually it will taboo for a black or white man to marry a so called "bi-racial" woman.

Adding that to my "silly comment" file

Josie

• greendawn
    greendawn

Why Georgia, it is obvious if someone has a very sensitive skin s/he shouldn't go out in a strong sun for too long. I wake up early and go to the beach at around sunrise time, or around sunset time, it's nice to see the sun rising or setting while playing around in the sea. Mid June-August 11 AM - 5PM I am under an umbrella if on the beach.

• mapleaf18
    mapleaf18

my boyfriend is half german and half italian. he has light brown hair with red in it/blue eyes and he turns red as a lobster in the sun, but then it turns a brown colour later on. he keeps taking his shirt off all the time and he got sunburned for two days in a row. his legs are very white in comparison and now he has two very dark moles between his toes. he won't go to a doctor to have them checked either/ that's what i worry about. his kids are very fair; their mom has light brown hair and blue eyes too; the kids have either red or blonde hair and all have blue eyes. i worry about them all.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

omg Maple he needs to get those moles checked!!!

Josie ~ realizes she not telling Maple anything she doesnt already know

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?
    Eventually it will taboo for a black or white man to marry a so called "bi-racial" woman.

Adding that to my "silly comment" file

Josie

Yep silly and assinie! M'

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

yes, what doogie and willy_think said.

and if evolution is always trying to improve a species' ability to survive, why the heck are there still light-skinned people like me around and get toasted like in hell?

and i might just add that since humans evolved culture, technology and society, natural selection has not really had the same impact as in previous pre history times. probably more rapid evolutionary force is exerted via sexual selection and cultural/technological selection: ie: asian people mate with other asian people because of cultural forces, and not because we are different species. and we all live longer because of medicine (technology).

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

I guess i didn't explain myself properly. While it already is considered taboo for a white or black man to marry a bi-racial woman (at least in most places), most of the pressure currently comes from the family and community of the white or black party, not from the bi-racial partner's.

50-100 years from now though most bi-racial children won't be the result of one black parent and one white. It will be from the union of two bi-racial parents. They will be raised in a newly created bi-racial culture which will have its own food, music, clothing styles, neighborhoods, etc. The child will grow up and be pressured to marry another partner of a bi-racial background. Marrying a "pure" black or white partner will be seen as "selling out their heritage" and therefor seen as taboo. Like I said, the seperate culture is already starting to form. i can give you links to the apropriate websites if you like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit