light skin: so much for intelligent design...

by googlemagoogle 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hooberus
  • hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Rubbish!

God created light skin to make me happy.

(See "Good News to Make you Happy" book. So happifying)

Actually I love the rosy white look of the Irish or English Rose.

Grey unhealthy white is a big turn off.

but but but but but - I also love hairy primates that shave their hands...

HB

• kls
    kls
    but but but but but - I also love hairy primates that shave their hands

Aww Hammy ,you have such a way with words ( batting eyes ) and going for the ladder

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Kls

R U a pygmy chimp? U so lewd Honey!!

HB

• kls
    kls
    Kls

R U a pygmy chimp? U so lewd Honey!!

keep that talk up Hammy and you will be paying for it

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

K

I pay in kind every time honey!!!

Have you reads about those chimps?

Rabbits don't get a look in...

HB

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Missjones5. With all due respect, the reason that your family doesn't disapprove of mixed race relationships is that it is the product of one. it also goes without saying that if your friends had a problem with this arrangement they wouldn't have made friends with you in the first place. I'm sorry, but I feel this is a pretty poor criteria to judge a society that for the most part made it illegal for a black man and white woman to sit side by side at a resturaunt until just over 40 years ago. That may not seem relevant until you consider that bi-racial people are usually considered black across the board. This is changing now that people like Tiger Woods and Strom Thurmond's illigitimate daughter have publicly chosen different labels for themselves.

I'm not on the outside looking in either. My wife is black and we have two bi-racial children. Also, my grandparents on my dad's side were a mixed black/white couple as well. When people around our neighborhood, both black and white, give us the same stare that JW's usually reserve for the disfellowshipped it shows that things are still somewhat taboo, at least in some places.

For those that are interested, here are some sites related to a community of so-called mixed people. While their tone isn't as extreme as what I've suggested I think it's only a matter of time before this changes.

Sorry but none of what you just said swayed me. I guess you dont know that I am African American and know quite a bit about the race relation issues in my own country.
    Thank you so much for your short and sweet synopious of the "Jim Crow" laws, lordy I didnt know whites and blacks couldn't sit at the same lunch counter or couldnt even drink water from the same drinking fountion! Shut my mouth! Can you say "sarcasm"? My mother's family is from Sheveport, Louisana and my father's family is from Oaklahoma. Can you say former slaves and sharecroppers? In my humble opinion those of us black folks (I'm speaking of those of African heritage in the Americas) who are trying to expound the "mixed race" sub group are just looking for another way to divide us. I really dont give a hoot if someone is mixed, hell all of my family is mixed, so is my husband's family. I have seen none of what you are speaking of. I have not seen a trend of discrimination against mixed race women. On the contrary mixed race women in this country seem to be greatly admired i.e. Halley Berry (a mixed race woman - her mother is white and her father is black), Mariah Carrey (her mother is white and her father is black), Naomi Campbell (Asian mother and African father), Sade (English mother and African father), I could name more but why should I.

Basicly it comes down to this...I think what ever issue youre trying to put forth is a crock of you know what.

Funny how you had to show me just how "black" you are

Josie

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

georgefoster,

I thought evolution had to do with the development of species. You evolutionists are getting all giddy on this thread about the amount of pigmentation in people's skin around the world. Skin is skin.

Evolution is about change of heritable characteristics in populations over time. Skin color definitely is a heritable characteristic, and is therefore subject to the forces of natural selection. The historic distribution of fair- and dark-skinned people is definitely an example of evolution in action. The concept of "species" is a man-made one. Evolution does not act at any particular level or respect man-made boundaries. From a completely naturalistic point of view, it would better to think of evolution as simply "change over time." The change can be in any heritable characteristic. Hope that helps. SNG

• chrissy
    chrissy

sng-

Thanks for the excellent usage of GIS with the informative regional skin color map.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

shera
    *from your fellow lobster*

at least i'm not the only one! *geehee*
    btw: pool sounds cool!

Netty
    I dont tan, and I do burn.

yes :.-( there's no justice on earth!

greendawn
    I suppose the best way is for ultra fair people to stay indoors in the summer while the sun is high or walk in the shade if it's possible.

of course you are right, greendawn, but that's really not an option when you make a trip to italy ;-)

what_Truth?
    i don't know what "culture" you are talking about, but the world i live in becomes more and more tolerant and open minded. this might not apply for northern america, i don't know.

stevenyc
    Your forgetting the earth orgininally had a water canopy that was used for the flood!

damn! you're right. and it never rained before then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit