Is it time to demollish the welfare state in the UK

by Gill 136 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

I was blown away when my whoring step-sister dropped out of high school because her and her girl-friend thought it would be cool to have babies together (like buy new shoes or something)... unmarried of course, with no intention of getting married. She would and still does sleep with most anything that'll "do" her.. She does drugs and has NEVER held down a job and paid her own way EVER!!!

Her reward... FREE EVERYTHING!!!.... housing, utilities, gas allowance, an insurance waiver...free health coverage for her and her two illegitimate daughters (different fathers), and free day care... not that she'd ever have a job requiring it...

And the cherry on the sundae... FREE college education.

My brother and I got A's and B's all through school and were Eagle Scouts and all around good kids... our parents are working class folk with no money for our college...

We got the reward of having NOTHING offered or available to us... and we've had jobs since while in high school paying taxes that support her sorry ass.

By the way she started her mooching off the populace in the mid 70's. And she's still on the dole...

WTF? ****sorry, I know this is a UK thread... but the "spirit" is the same**** At least we'll all go broke together.... party at u/d's house!

u/d (of the who needs the New System, when you got such a good scam goin class)

• ballistic
    ballistic

OK, I'm going to dedicate some time to read this whole thread (so I appologise if I repeat anyone)

But what real annoys me, is not those claiming benefit. It's the guy who does the same job as me, but gets his wage paid to a ficticous "company" against which he claims "expenses" so he pays no tax. Bastard. These guys doing this can afford to get the legal advice to do this because they're employed through the agency (typically twice the wage of staff on the books)

So they earn twice as much and pay no tax. God, it makes me angry.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

angry or jealous?

• badboy
    badboy

I have of one single mother who said that the reason they started Welfare State was so she could have babies at taxpayers expenses or something like that.

• greendawn
    greendawn

At least it encourages women to have babies at a time of worryingly low birth rates. In some other countries eg France women get quite good state benefits to encourage them to have children, the more they have the better the state assistance.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

They should just do what Augustus did to increase the birth rate in Imperial Rome: for a person to be eligible for a job in the civil service, they had to have a minimum of three children. If they couldn't conceive, they could adopt.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    In some other countries eg France women get quite good state benefits to encourage them to have children,

Well whoever thought of that should be shot. There are far too many kids - a screaming in supermarkets on trains. It drives me mad. Last night some vile toddler screamed all the way from Croydon to my village and I was this far from getting some packaging tape out of my bag and sellotaping its mouth up. I managed to restrain myself to giving the mother evil looks. If she hasn't got the good grace to control her offspring on public transport then the least she can do do her travelling during non peak hours when less fellow travellers have to suffer.

Personally I have signed up to the VHES which stands for the Voluntary Human Extinction Society.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Crumpet I had similar experiences some mothers are really pathetic, in a train you can move to a different place unless it is packed but in a plane it's more difficult. Once in a plane a kid poured hot coffe all over me and the mother couldn't care less.

Still not a reason not to have a high birthrate in the country.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

greendawn - thats awful! LOL! Gawd bless the little blighters.

And you're right I guess a low birth rate is a worry - whose going to be putting money in the kitty for my state pension (like I'll even get one now!) and National Insurance.

It would be interesting to know the stats of where in the country and which communities specifically have a low birth rate or is it all round. As far as I can tell there's been no diminishing in procreation amongst welfare beneficiaries. Amongst my girlfriends, most of whom are married or about to be - none of them has children nor can afford to in the near future and they are all of a similar age or older than me. Most of them do want children but are leaving until well into their 30's.

(crumpet of the had my coffee and a cheese sandwich and feeling less grouchy class)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

~wonders why Crumpet carries packing tape in her handbag~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit