Do you have one favorite place on earth?

by AK - Jeff 59 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8
    My bed

D'oh! KK, first you make me laugh all day yesterday, causing me to come really close to getting in trouble for being online at work, then you steal my answers!

Since my answer is already taken, I will say Barcelona, at the top of the Sagrada Familia tower where you feel like you're floating on air.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Behind my house, when I walk about a quarter mile into the woods, there's a glade. At night, you can just sit there and see millions of stars. I go there in daytime to write, and at night to watch the stars. It is the most beautiful place on earth to me.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

A resort called BlueFin Bay on the north shore of Lake Superior. About 80 miles northeast of Duluth. Actually...anywhere I can see Lake Superior. I LOVE that lake. I hope someday to live on its shore in a small house with a big view and a huge fireplace. Ahhhhhhh...that would be PARADISE!!!

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

You people really make me want to travel.

My favorite place is staying at a cabin at Sea Ranch, California. There is forest, hills, meadows, and ocean, and lots of wildlife. Most of the rental houses have beautiful views, some have hot tubs and more. When I was younger I spent a lot of time climbing around the tide pools at low tide--awesome stuff! I have a memory of one morning out in the tide pools seeing a huge group of purple sea urchins glowing in the morning sunshine.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I took this pic a week ago. We were up in the mountains when this cloud just rolled over the top:

Englishman.

• Jourles
    Jourles

A few years ago I would have said Kebler Pass, in September, just outside of Crested Butte, CO. Amazing color. I love the area even more than Maroon Bells in Aspen or Rocky Mountain National Park. There are no tourists that go there, unlike the other places mentioned.

These days, I would have to say the area surrounding Traverse City, MI. Especially Torch Lake. It was bestowed the honor of being named the 3rd most beautiful lake in the WORLD from National Geographic. I believe it.

But here is Traverse City and its two bays(the penninsula in the middle is MI's largest wine growing region):

And part of Torch Lake:

The great thing about northern MI is that most of the lakes look similar to these. Fishing is huge here.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Actually...anywhere I can see Lake Superior. I LOVE that lake. I hope someday to live on its shore in a small house with a big view and a huge fireplace. Ahhhhhhh...that would be PARADISE!!!

Hadenuf - I know what you mean - I love that lake too!!! I like the southern shore too... and the little town named Paradise is close to the area where the Edmund Fitzgerald went down - that is a wonderful area.

Does anyone know if the water in Superior ever gets warm enough to swim? I heard that sometimes icebreakers can be seen on the lake in late May.

Jeff

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    I mean a specific location that you would go to time and again to just sit and look and enjoy?

Patricks Point State Park; Agate Beach... So peaceful...

J

• upside/down
    upside/down

Actually, my "favorite place" can't be mentioned here... but it's a nice valley, with flat plains with two nice rounded peaks in the distance.

If I was a poet i coulda said something more profane profound.

u/d (of the works hard to be funny and still fails class)

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

key west, florida. some of the best restaurants in the US, over 300 bars, and the OCEAN!!! what else do you need?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit