Do you have one favorite place on earth?

by AK - Jeff 59 Replies latest jw friends

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

did i mention the fishing?

• Swan
    Swan

But if only you had said place and time, I would have picked on top of a sandy bluff on Cape Kiwanda (Pacific City, OR) overlooking the beach on a warm summer day in August, 1993. I was sitting there with my poodle Nikki, now deceased, and I was sure fond of him. I did some serious thinking about my life, and came to the decision to do something with it, even if it meant losing my family. After that day, I started taking my life back. But I can never go back there again.

So let's see...

I've been to many of the most beautiful places on earth, but something draws me back to Yosemite, even in my dreams. I often imagine myself in the valley alone, 500 years ago before, in it's most pristine state. It is a very spiritual place in my mind. Even when it is packed with tourists, I get a thrill looking at those granite monoliths.

If I can't go there, then Jed Smith State Park near Crescent City, CA because it's an incredible redwood forest which is very serene. That was also a very spiritual place for me. My husband and I hiked down the Boy Scout Trail one day just for several hundred yards, stopped, and listened to the silence.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Many years ago, wifey and I and daughter still at home, camped in the Rocky Mountain National Park. They had this area of tent camps where you had to park by the road and walk the last 100 yards or so to the campsites. Every site was separated in some way from the next so that it gave the sense that you were out there alone. We pointed the tent door toward this huge mountain right in front of us. When we woke in the morning, the sun was hitting a huge cloud that encapsulated the peak. I can still recall that scene, and it was nearly 20 years ago now.

Some things just take your breath away, over and over again.

Another wonderful spot was the beach area of a sleepy little Oregon town called Bandon by the Sea. Hated to leave.

Jeff

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

The bar at the Mirage, Las Vegas

but for beauty and familiarity - Caswell Bay, The Gower Peninsula, South Wales

(upsidedown - I was going to say the same as you!)

• z
    z

My back yard my pond ,and my Koi

• z
    z

• Purza
    Purza

If I had to pick just one. . . I would say.

Yosemite NP

Purza

• kls
    kls

Haven't really been anywhere but i like being home . It is peaceful and quiet except for the chirping birds and i have acres to walk through where i stir up deer sometimes. Tha bad part is them buzzards that hang around waiting for me to pop off so they can eat me

• JH
    JH

On a beach, where its hot and sunny.

On the net with people I love, and anxious to meet them in person.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    (upsidedown - I was going to say the same as you!)

Great lusty minds think alike.

Why did Gawd have to make womenz sooo damn yummy?

Yosemite... is da bomb though! A very sexual sensual place.

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit