no stones please!

by almosthome 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• almosthome
    almosthome

don't belong out here was posted as an observation. Yes, a sense of belonging is important, and I find it again when I sit in the hall.. even not being able to share...most of my witness years were not miserable. Some miserable things happened, but my kids and I had a lot of fun too, even yes.. even in field service. I had a lot of very nice years as a Witness child, and a lot of great friends as a Witness teen and YA, and later too. I don't think I implied anyone else's life was empty, or 'downed' anyone in any way. If I did please accept my apology.

.But the JW teachings are the only thing to make sense to me, all of these years. There can't be a burning hell... etc.--this is where you should have found what I base choosing my religion on. And I think the hell doctrine is my 'pivot point.' The religion that is clear on this to me, and JW is unique in their teaching on it, is the faith for me.

Yes, the pressures when I am a sister again worry me. I haven't ignored that, and I have explained them to husband as best I can. He teases me, asks me how the snakes were tonight....but he has been to a KH, a special assembly day (early in the marriage) and a Witness funeral. He knows Witnesses aren't really kooks. He respects my choice and trusts that I have some sense. I never expect him to convert. He swears nothing will ever get between him and his Camels!

I used Grace in the sense I understand M. Scott Peck used it, I believe he equated it with God's love.

I didn't mean to shock anyone or make anyone cry. This was just my honest story, I knew no other way to tell it.

I do hope I will be a better sister. I was rather full of myself when I was the perfect little Witness girl ....but I have learned a lot since then and believe I will be more compassionate now. There are many things I wish I could change, but getting sideswiped with a little humility will never be one of them.

Thank you for the good wishes, I don't feel sad, I feel at peace.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

If you are at peace by all means run back. I just don't understand how you could possibly overlook all their dogma shortcomings? How can it be the "truth" when they are wrong on so many things. How can you easily dismiss their disconnects. How will you treat a DF'd person for disagreeing with their teachings? If the lack of a hell is your main concern there are many religions that don't belief in it. Have you REALLY bothered to look for other religions/spirituality? Taoism, buddhism, 7th Day Adventism, Bahai, and many others have "no hell". So because the Dub's don't have a hell you are willing to overlook:

Blood doctrine flip flops
    607 / 587 cover up
    UN NGO scandel
    Russell's original "prophesies based on pyramidology"
    The twisting of John 1:1 and mistranslation
    Failed 1975 (1914, 1925, among other years)
    Failed end of the world within a generation (changed yet again)
    Jesus's teachings of love
    Cover up of child abuse

If you can overlook these I guess maybe you will be a great Dub. Just pray you don't knock on my door and have to defend these.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I was thinking about why you posted your story here. why here? and i thought to myself because this is the only kind of forum you could post your story and your doubts which you still have. you could never post your story at a jw site. the jw moderators mostlikely wouldnt let it stay up long. so i guess this site has served a purpose for you. it's a safe place for you to tell your story and vent. why would you want to give that freedom up? it's beyond me.

Josie

• Odrade
    Odrade

Many, many religions have SOME things "right." ("Right," in religious instances really just means it corresponds with what you already believe.) Does that mean we ought to simply overlook all the other issues?
    You clearly value your Christianity, maybe you should consider Acts 17:11 "Now the latter were more noble-minded than those in Thes·sa·lo·ni´ca, for they received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so." You say you are going back in spite of the fact that you are "confused" about the "adjustments," and though the hell doctrine is your pivot point, what about all the deception and manipulation over dates? What about all the deliberately misleading use of quotations in the Creation book, and the Trinity brochure? What about the (lying) doctrine that the Cross is false, pagan and not historical? What about the two witness rule as applied to pedophiles, (or any other sin?)
    I know you miss the feeling of belonging to something you thought was true, but have you done your research? Really? Don't you think it is better to be free to make your own decisions based on knowledge, rather than to believe what is fed you because you simply "want to?"

• theotherside
    theotherside

But the JW teachings are the only thing to make sense to me, all of these years. There can't be a burning hell...
    But there can be a God who will destroy every one who doesnt belong 2 the WT org including young children. They say cults are the "unpaid bills of the church" Elements of truth that have been neglected by various Christian denominations have not seldom occasioned the rise of cults that unduly stressed such ignored or belittled truths to the point of creating a lopsided religion....(THE CHAOS OF CULTS....J.K. VAN BAALEN) J Stafford Wright stated....the very essence of deception is to speak 90% truth and 10% error......almost home get out of the box and research for yourself the basic teachings of the bible an Im sure you will find the truth and the error of watchtower dogma

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Yes, the pressures when I am a sister again worry me

Doesn't this one sentence sum up everything that you've said?

Jesus said that HIS yoke was kindly and his load was light. The WTS "life" is stressful and loaded down with Pharasaical burdens placed on the shoulders of the sheep.

Most JWs are burned out, worn down and are constantly being told to do MORE at every turn. It might be presented as a pep rally from high school---but the intent is always there. Even reporting your "time" is the WTS way of calculating your "spirituality", like a measuring tape.............where does it say that this was required by Jesus?

Ecclesiastes 12:12 speaks about the "making of many books" being wearisome to the flesh. Can you think of any religion that produces SO MANY books than the WTS? Not only that---but every JW is expected to read and/or study every one of them! (Not to mention purchasing them for every family member for service bags and personal study books)

What the WTS demands of its followers is far short of what Jesus wants for his. If one is "afraid" that they won't live up to what his religion expects---then it isn't from Christ. HE is centered on love. The WTS is centered on man-made policy, which can change in a heartbeat.

Take this re-instatement business for example. Can you imagine Jesus requiring you to sit in the back of the temple and ignoring you for however long he decides that you are "worthy" enough to join the rest of the sheep???

Can you see Jesus telling others to shun you when you've made a mistake and are sorry for what you have done?

God is love. The WTS is not.

God never changes. The WTS does.

God cannot lie. The WTS has.......a lot.

Annie

• Odrade
    Odrade

Good point Annie, Bible says Jesus even forgave prostitutes and tax collectors on the spot. The reinstatement process is not only cruel, but un-scriptural. How can a religion that practice it be from a loving God?

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    God cannot lie. The WTS has.......a lot.

*lol* Witty wisdom, eh?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    The reinstatement process is not only cruel, but un-scriptural. How can a religion that practice it be from a loving God?

Exactly.

BTW, Odrade,

Reading your comments (especially on this thread ) I have decided to nominate you for Sainthood!

I meant to say that before but I got sidetracked

hugs,

Annie

• Odrade
    Odrade

LMAO! I think my husband might the foremost of dissenting votes, but thank you anyways!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit