no stones please!

by almosthome 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

almosthome ... good for you ... all the best in your endevours

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No, those words are not needed here. Actually your words struck me as sad, scared, locked down, and anything but where I would place me and mine. So no, in my opinion your words werent needed here. Besides alot of folks here have been where you are but have gotten out, so your story isnt very new or original.

Good Luck,

Josie

• Odrade
    Odrade

A couple of small additional points: Maybe life "out there" seems empty to you because you have always held yourself apart emotionally from it, believing it be from Satan. This is very sad. And my life is not empty. It is far, far fuller than it ever was as an extremely active, true believer, exemplary Jehovah's Witness.
    According to the Watchtower, "negative thinking requires little of the intellect." Do you value intellect? Blind faith requires absolutely NO intellect. Critical (as in careful, exact evaluation) thinking requires a great deal of thought and application of intellect.
    Last point. Remember that the JW doctrine does not allow room for "Grace" in its biblical application.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Oh goody! AFIN is here. She is the very epitome of critical thinking! Exactly the supporter you want battling your cause!

(it's a joke people, a joke! I don't have any wink faces on Firefox)

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well all I can say based upon you life.......

We will see you again.

Good Luck and Good Bye.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    I don't belong out here

A sense of belonging is no way to choose a religion, no offense. I'm sure a Catholic feels he/she 'belongs' there, but you would disagree and see the error in that type of thinking.

Anyway, in the end, the WTS was a mediocre publishing company created by the followers of Russell, and that's all its ever going to be.

• heatherg
    heatherg

Thank you for sharing your story. I made me cry, knowing what you went through, and how you were able to heal.

I wish that I could be like you, because there are some days that I want so desperately want to go back to how it was being a JW in my youth. Yes there was lots of bad things, but good ones too.

I know in my heart that I can never go back, it's not right for me. But I am happy for you that it's right in your heart, and that it makes you happy. You will always have a place here to air things out later on if need be. Maybe you can take some of these stories back with you and educate them, to let them know that the rest of us are still human, we've just choosen different paths. I wish you the best. hg

• Netty
    Netty

to Odrade very eloquently put, you have sure got the words Odrade. Wondering why you came to an apostate site in the first place? You're not supposed to be here. You've evidently still got some lingering doubt... So like Brooke said, you'll be back.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I hope you aren't a troll. I understand the desire for a place to belong. A disfunctional org w unqualified 'bricklayers, cattle farmers, and UPS drivers' placed in charge over peoples' spiritual and personal interests can feel better than being cast adrift on that endless 'worldly' ocean. I know there are a lot of good people in there, just like anywhere else in the world. Since you seem like a reasonably intelligent person, i would say, go ahead, go back then, if that's what you want. But, i doubt if you have really checked out their doctrines. Doctrines is what got me out, not the people.

S

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

No, I don't think you're a troll. Unless I'm way off base, I feel a lot of heartfelt emotion in your post. Like they say---Rome wasn't built in a day, and old, ingrained beliefs ala WTS are hard to break.

I feel sorry for you that after everything you've experienced, that you think that you can find peace and contentment within the WTS' walls. I don't mean to sound harsh, but it seems like that you are one who depends on the structuring (not structure) of something organized, much like a prisoner who gets released from jail and doesn't know what to do with himself and needs to go back to the environment where everything was thought out for him. This is psychological---not spiritual.

I can only wish you well, and encourage you to stick around and continue to to read the profiles and experiences.

much love and warm hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit