no stones please!

by almosthome 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ballistic
    ballistic

Thing is, just reading random snippets of conversation of a bunch of ex-jws isn't going to tell the whole story just as me giving a few random snippets of jw life (and believe me I have some real nasty snippets of jw life) is going to give their whole picture.

The trap you shouldn't fall into is thinking, "well if I'm not convinced after reading 70 posts, then they can't have the truth" just as I wouldn't put the bible down after reading only Genesis. People have come here for a reason, and for some it's to let out some of the steam after being through difficult times, not necessarily to make a "witness" to anyone.

I only say this because reading between the lines, you have really said, "I have checked you out as an alternative to religion and decided you are not the one", when in fact, you have missed the point. Most people ended up here precisely because they found the religion they devoted their whole life to was not the one.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Hi,

You do not not need anyone's permission to go back. Choice is what it's all about.

It's obvious you are missing a sense of community. You feel like you want to belong. I am not sure you will find that sense of belonging once you get there.

No one denies the fact that there are some very nice individuals in the org. Pehaps you are looking to find some nice friends. I hope you find them.

I for my part can't wait to get out of her. After 35 years of faithful obedience to a human organization that has dictated every aspect of my life, I look forward to the day I will be free.

If you are coming to this board you are abviously not afraid to read so called 'apostate literature". Before you make any final decision why don't you get yourself Ray Franz's 2 books. The first is "CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE" and the second "IN SEARCH OF CHRISTIAN FREEDOM". These books will give you a bird's eye view of what the organization is really like. I learned more about the org from these two books than in the over 35 years of association.

wishing you only good things,

wanna

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

As you say "there have been adjustments all the time". M any of us describe that as something else. I use a different language - a different word than jwism does - and have a repugnance to "adjust" by that manner.

But please, do not say lies as work.

• luna2
    luna2

almosthome, I hope you find the peace and happiness that you are looking for.

We'll still be here if you need us.

• Honesty
    Honesty

If you believe Jesus is 'head' of the JW religion maybe you should lok at what He said will let people know who His disciples are... By their fruits they will be recognised and His followers would show love to others. They would do the things He did... send out workers(missionaries), feed the poor, clothe the naked and heal the sick.

Where are the WTBTS charitible contributions (hospitals, food pantry's, clothing ministries, etc.) to mankind?

Jesus sat with sinners and taught them God's love. The truth Jesus taught can be understood by very small children and they accepted Him almost immediately because the message was simple. Is the WT message simple? Does it magnify Christ as the one to put faith (WT March 1979) in? Did Jesus say anything about an organisation that He was going to appoint? MT. 24:45-50 is an illustration.

The first century Christian churches were autonomous and didn't answer to any central GB. The Antioch church had a dispute and asked the apostles in Jerusalem for help and advice. Their is no record of contributions being sent to Jerusalem or of Paul consulting them on any matter other than the circumcision issue.

• love11
    love11

Everyone has a unique way of finding inner peace. Yours may be being a jw gives you peace. (Although...it doesn't sound that way from your past experiences)

Sorry, I can't remember who said this quote- If we don't learn from the past, we are bound to do it again. (it goes something like that)

Have you considered that maybe your euphoric state of peace could be due to other things happening in your life at the same time. Such as- You are gaining stability with a good husband and a home. Also, the witnesses provide alot of friends. (Mostly because of love bombing and because they are taught that the outside world is evil, so they tend to make the friends they see at the kh more like family.)

I'm sorry that you can't seem to get your life together without the assistance of one huge commune. But if it works for you, then I'm happy that you've found what you are looking for- a place to belong. However...this path you have chosen is not for everyone.

Hopefully your four kids will find the peace that the kh offers as well. If not......be prepared to lose your children at some point. I know my children are both very unique. My daughter is stubborn and won't let anyone tell her what to do. (She's a tauras, and I love her for it!) I never would want to break her spirit to make her be who I am. That is what will have to happen if you expect your children to be a jw when they grow up. More than likely.........Your children will grow up and decide to be catholic in their adult years. All of the witness friends that you and the children once had will not be around for you when that happens, since you will be marked as spiritually weak. I hope you're ready for one more traumatic event in your life, because going back guarantees it. I'm sorry to just lay it out there like that, but it's the truth.

Whether you go to the kh or not, you are going to have ups and downs in your life. Learn to deal with your problems head on instead of running to the security of your childhood. That is the hard road.

Well....... that's my 2 cents. Honestly.....I wish you the very best. Love

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    Whether you go to the kh or not, you are going to have ups and downs in your life. Learn to deal with your problems head on instead of running to the security of your childhood. That is the hard road.

Well said LII. But me thinks she's left the board. So sad . She's not going to find what she's looking for at the KH. It's all fake. Fake doctrines pushed on people to fake love for a fake organization led by fake men who fake being led by God.

I'm glad I left and I'm NEVER GOING BACK!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit