by mad max 19 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

ask them first if they have any recording devices

if they say no then demand them

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Wow Lou!,

Yes dont let them trash you. You are a human and deserve respect. Dissfellowshiping is a heinous crime against everything Jesus taught. They are they terrorists, they are the criminals, not you.

Jesus said "If they do not listen to the congregation, let them be as a tax collector and a man of the nations" How did Jesus treat taxcollectors and men of the nations? He ate with them, one even became his apostle. The wicked Pharisees are the ones who dispised them.

When John talks about "not greeting or having a meal with them" He was talking about something very specific. There were itinerate ministers who would travel around and some would bring teachings other than that of Christ. John says this not to mean that they should treat these as sub-humans, but dont provide a meal for them because they are not from US. Those traveling ministers were using The Way, as a way to gain power over Christians. John gave this counsil of not greeting or providing, shelter, food to them to keep the flock from being taken advantage of by these so called ministers.

Keep your head high Loubelle. You are very brave to stand up to them.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    recording it secretly

I totally advocate that. It would be useful not only to you but to others in the future. You never know what kinda crap they will say that will be helpful to have on tape. You can go to Radio Shack and get a voice activated tape recorder that fits in your purse.

And then you could sell the tapes on ebay (kidding)!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Loubelle,

My heart goes out to you.

If you are not ever going back, then why bother with the JC.

If it's for closure, then it could be one of the best days of your life.

If your doing it because you've been told to attend, so that a bunch of men who are acting as police and want to accuse you and punishish you, then I say F@uk them, and don't bother going.

steve

• tyler m
    tyler m

Give them hell!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Send them 'the love' from all of us on the board.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

(((((((LouBelle))))))),

I can still remember the day when I was given appointment to my JC hearing almost 20 years ago. It was at the end of a tough discussion with the elders and two COs. I left the meeting with an ironic smile, but a few minutes later I sat down in a subway station and cried. I knew my time had come.

First I would say that you need not show up. They have absolutely no power on you. If you do go you will do it freely: this will show.

Try to think about it as calmly as possible: if you have no doubt about the outcome and no desire to beg anything from them, and still want to be there, I think you don't need to plan anything in advance. Do not worry about how you are to speak or what you are to say; for what you are to say will be given to you at that time. Stick to what you know and feel: One thing I do know, that though I was blind, now I see. (Why do I feel like quoting the Bible tonight?)

My heart goes to you. Keep us posted.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

I've had so many scenes flashing in my head waiting for this...I've pictured myself rebuking them, blessing them, falling apart, my mother suggested flipping them out by washing their feet. You see I can be rather passionate & explosive at times - really lashing out and giving it a full go.

Anyway I'm feeling extremely nervous - can't wait - but extremely nervousk. loubelle if you really think you can handle them . then go for it. but you have to cut them off every time they speak. start coughing real loud. and say i can't hear you. then cough some more. make your points and cut them off , when they start talking again. talk right over them. pay no attention to anything they say.. remember you are there to do the talking. pick your topics and ram it down their throats. when that staqrt talking again sing real loud amazing grace., excuse your self 6 timezs to use the rest room. if they try to read you from the bible . tell them since they don't have the holy sprit in them your not qualified to read to me . let the one with out sin cast the first stone. if you followed the bible you would know . a trial is to be held out in public . infront of the city gates for all the public to here. if it was me i would blast them non stop till they were hiding under the table. what ever you do don't let them belittle you,. no matter what your sin is. remember to ask them if they ever committed the same or similar sin. john

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Is just not showing up an option? They are not the police, and you only really need to answer to proper authorities, not James Bond wannabees. It would take alot of stress off you. Don't give them any of your personal power, and by going you affirm their stupid discipline system. JMHO

Hugs to you no matter what you decide.

• greendawn
    greendawn

THese jc elders are just clowns driven by the delusional GB and it's all such a joke so you needn't fear them at all they think they are important but they are nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit