Time was when we would just have taken you out and killed you...'

by Mystery 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I'd tell him to start wearing a 'What would Jesus do?" bracelet so he'd remember whose example he's supposed to be following.

• catchthis
    catchthis

I just love this part:

The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates

Wasn't it originally God's law(in Deut.) to stone these apostates in the first place? How could Jesus' opinion override his father's command? Since when has Jesus' statements been placed above Jehovah's?

The WTS loves to bring up the issue of principles. They always refer back to the OT laws to back up their current doctrines. If it wasn't for these principles, JW's would be running around doing whatever they wanted to with free conscience. Hmmm....donating blood is the first thing that comes to mind.

• pratt1
    pratt1

Yes, I heard it all the time.

But usually from my Mom whenever I did some thing "bad".

Did she think that this would make me want to be a dub?

I don't think she got the result she was looking for, look at me know - Out of the Cult and Happy.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Time was when we would just have taken you out and killed you...'

Yep, that's quite commonly spoken by certain elders downunder, especially bethel elders i observed.

For anyone that doubts this, I have the names of Bethel elders who have abused fellow publishers that way.

So lurkers, be warned! it could happen to you.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I had heard about this idea, but never had it spoken to me directly. Of course---I did my online research when homebound with a disability and I never set foot in a KH since--on purpose. Nobody had the chance to use this tactic on me!

I'd have probably felt that killing me would have been a better choice than what I was going through anyway.

Annie

• patio34
    patio34

What seems to me to be the elephant in the parlor in this thread is the source of the stoning command---the Bible!

Pat

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

If someone said that to me i would struggle to keep my Temper in check.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I remember hearing that phrase although nobody ever said it to me directly.

It makes you feel that their paradise would be some kind of nightmare. If you have ever watched any episodes of the new Outer Limits show it might give you an idea of what their paradise might be like!!!

• blondie
    blondie

I do remember being reminded from the platform that DF offenses were capital offenses under the Law, leading to execution (unless you were David and Bathsheba). That DF'd people were as good as dead and that under the Law, there would have been no discussion whether you could associate or talk to a DF'd family member.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

and another thing

since when has the law of the land been a factor in which biblical commands are to be obeyed

and if not stoning to death is in fact a sign of jahs mercy then did he only become perfectly merciful just under 2000 years ago...through out all the previous eternity was mercy not one of his qualities then

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit