Time was when we would just have taken you out and killed you...'

by Mystery 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mystery
    Mystery
    Sounds like what my JC told me. 'You know, we are being loving here. Time was when we would just have taken you out and killed you...'

In a different thread ( What? So Korah gets rez now? What about me? I'm an apostate too.... ) Jeanniebeanz & tijkmo said that they were both told this.

Has anyone else been told this? Is anyone stunned about this as i am? Is the WTBS subliminally talking about killing apostates/themselves? I can't help but think of the "Would you drink the Kool-Aide" theory as well.

Have others been told the same as jb & tijkmo?
  • diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

If I was told that...I would ask which they would prefer...killing me or disfellowshipping me...

As for the comment...I mean come on....we are now so lucky to have the loving arrangment of shunning arent we? our families cut us off...our so called friends cut us off....we are left behind, isolated from all that we have known and loved...and all this is clear evidence of a very christian and loving arrangement.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Yes...verbatim and in "so many words"...........plus, I have heard that phrase inserted into talks to make a little counterpoint about how merciful God's "Organization" is in modern times.

I think that for many of us Stoning would have been more merciful than the treatment we endured, the alterations of personality, how we contorted ourself's into a form of "loyalty" or faithfullness.

Doesnt that kind of attitude show how JW's missed the concept of "Grace" and "salvation".... this is a works-based cult. Jesus would break bread with them in pity if alive today.... he wouldnt recognize them as disciples.

My ex-wife always rationalized the JW mindset like this... "I choose to be here... right or wrong, I accept their rules and if YOU dont want to why do you worry about it?" I think many JW's would stone if Ceaser would allow it.

They are a cold bunch.

~Hill

• Scully
    Scully

It sounds like they are referring back to the OT laws of stoning people outside the gates of the city for breaking various laws. Now they just DF people, effectively kicking them outside the "city" without Jehovah's Protection™ around them.

Interestingly enough, the WTS has never found New Light™ regarding the following statement or made a retraction of it:

*** Nov 15, 1952 Watchtower ***

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."-Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Since they are not able to physically harm us they try to make up for it by causing as much distress as they can psychologically.

If they had the opportunity it would have been the inquisition all over again. The same intense animosity is there so thank God for the constitution.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Just respond: So this is how you shepard god's sheep? By threatening to kill them?

• TheListener
    TheListener

Mystery,

I've heard this said at a judicial meeting. I was sickened by it and pretty much said so during the meeting. I made sure the newboy elder understood that if he expected to serve on future committees (sick that he even wanted to) he would knock that kind of unloving talk out. He looked at me like I kicked his dog or something. Unfortunately it was many many years later before I realized he was just mimicking the society's unloving view.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Time was when we would just have taken you out and killed you...'

IPSec: Not before I kill you first muthaphooka

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i was told that at my last judicial committee....

''You know JoBeth, if we were back in ancient Israelite days, we could just take you outside into the parking lot and pelt you with stones....but....we can't do that now.....''

sick basturds....

luv, jojo

• garybuss
    garybuss

Yeah, They told us that all the time when I was a kid sitting in the Kingdom Halls in the 1950's. If you'd ever quit the Witnesses, if it were legal, we'd murder ya, and yer parents'd throw the first stone. My parents would smile so happily.

My mother used to tell my brother and I that a lot when she got angry with us (which was a lot).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit