Time was when we would just have taken you out and killed you...'

by Mystery 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

My father told me this on the phone one morning, about not going to the meetings. We were beginning the fade, and were missing a lot of meetings. He called one Sunday morning to encourage us to go to the meeting, and read me a scripture about where Israelites were to be put to death for not attending one of the festival gatherings. He said that is how "seriously" Jehovah viewed our meeting attendance.

WTF?

I asked him "Do you think this is going to ENCOURAGE me? That Jehovah wants to kill me for missing the meeting?" He stammered around, and then said he just loved me and wanted to see us back at the meetings.

Cult slaves!!

Brandon

• bebu
    bebu

DT 13:1 If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a miraculous sign or wonder, 2 and if the sign or wonder of which he has spoken takes place, and he says, "Let us follow other gods" (gods you have not known) "and let us worship them," 3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The LORD your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. 5 That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery; he has tried to turn you from the way the LORD your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.

...The WTS is the one who would be stoned, if you ask me!!! They are certainly guilty of preaching rebellion against the Lord by enticing folks to follow their "organizational authority". Sounds like a new god, esp since the WTS is less than 200 years old! They are certainly guilty of dreaming and prophecying in God's name (never managed a miraculous sign though!).

I think that the WTS should be careful for what they wish for. They are LUCKY those laws don't apply now, or they'd all be toast! They remind me of slavers who bring over unsuspecting illegal immigrants and coop them up as slaves in sweatshops in the US. They threaten the immigrants with the law and the police, who would surely put them in jail for trying to leave their new hell-hole. But whenever the slavery is discovered, the slavers land in prison and the prisoners go free. The slavers' control of information makes a big difference.

bebu

• Mystery
    Mystery

Thank you for your replies.

My dad was an elder, but i don't ever remember that statement being made to anyone or from a speaker. Maybe it is just selective memory. I have been thinking about this at work all morning and simply can't understand how my father could have ever believed all of this garbage and could have subjected me and sister and brother to it. How could he have EVER believed this crap??!!! He was a very intelligent man, a mastermind at math, owned and ran his own business. How could he have agreed with this?

I knew that as far as being disfellowshipped it is "as if you are dead"; but to tell someone "in the past we would have taken you out and stoned you....."

I thought i was getting past all of this, but this entirely blew me away.
  • RichieRich
    RichieRich
    'You know, we are being loving here. Time was when we would just have taken you out and killed you...'

I've heard that. Loose Conduct, fornication, obscene langauage. All punishable by death.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

http://www.xanga.com/item.aspx?tab=weblogs&user=DannyHaszard&uid=111887681 My Kangaroo court appeal JC

The exact words of flunky JC appeal chairman William ( Bill ) Darche at my 1992 purge:" There is no provision for mercy in a CAPITAL CASE back in Israel you would have been stoned to death".

Get this... capital case eh? I don't even know what the "capital" charge was to this very day.

Why?Because i could use the bogus blasphemous charge against them in a court of Law and SUE

The most dreaded words to an elder,"I WILL SUE U"

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Loose Conduct, fornication, obscene langauage. All punishable by death.

They are just laughable idiots who have figured out a way to make a buck at the expense of their members. They stay in power through fear tactics like these listed above and the fact that people who wake up to this BS cannot leave because they would lose the family that still believed.

No doubt some poor witness is reading this right now going, "Man! How do I get out of this religion and keep my family? It's beliefs are utterly untrue..."

I feel very badly for you, but as you know by now, there is no honorable way out...

J

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    there is no honorable way out...

Not to the witnesses... But my way is sure gonna be fun...

Honor my ass!

I'm going out with a bang!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    I'm going out with a bang!

Richie there are law enforcement friendlys in my county who "watch me" it's there prerogative to stay in touch.,and make sure that i am not being f**ked with.

Good deal for me.

Because if there is anyone out there with the expertise to do something scary it would be me.

I have thought it all through and the pen (keyboard) IS mightier than the 'sword'.

The first ammendment is more powerful than second amendment.

Violence is an ineffective tactic and that's the only reason i don't do the unthinkable

Prosecution not persecution. The last thing we want to do is make martyrs out of those devils. Now,if try to they assault me on my private property i am not a candy ass.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

richie you look like a big strong kid. use it to your advantage. stand in a jw's face that presses you. you don't have to hit them. just let them know you are there. and your not going to kneel down. once they get the idea. your not playing games. pick your spots carefully . when they press your hot spot.. they will back down fast. and most likely leave you alone ------------------------- the stone you to death line i always use on the jw's. once they start acting like dopes. i let them know if we were living in bibical times. . and you blasphemied god like your doing now. you would be dragged out to the city gates. given a open trial . as soon as you started idolizing the craptower like your doing now. it would be 3 stones for DOLLAR. they really get pissed when i tell them this b/c i allready busted them in a number of lies. and i make sure they know that i know that i busted them . allways be first to put the jw' in the hole then let them try to lie their way out of it. . sometimes i even count the lies out loud. as the jw digs a grave for himself. i've even gone as far as to go to my truck . and offer the jw a shovel and let him know "since your digging your own grave . i figured i should give you the correct tools. at the rate your going it wouldn't take you long to reach 6 feet." john..

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

The god of the old testiment was this "eye for an eye, earth will swallow you up, kill em, kill em all" psyco, then in the new testiment god is a "turn the other cheek" new age dude [speaking through his son]. Given god is supposed to be so unchangeble what happended?

This is pretty good damn evidence that the bible lacks the devine inspiration it claims, thus invalidating any "stone em, kill em" instructions, and just about every thing else any formal bible based religion wants to try and push down your throat [not that I'm advocating following the book of Morman or the Koran].

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit