Where Is The Ultimate Truth Found?

by JamesThomas 71 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

There is much discussion here about the Bible.

There is a story which goes like this:

A fish asked of another fish, "I have always heard about the sea, but what is it? Where is it?" The other fish replied, "You live, move and have your being in the sea. The sea is within you and without you, and you are made of sea, and you will end in sea. The sea surrounds you as your own being. Indeed the kingdom of the sea is within you. You are the very way, truth and life of the sea."

To those offended by this, I can only say that it is only diminutive beliefs which make for a god so tiny and limited as to be absent; so small that only a specific religion can have title. Do not despair, for we are free to remain children of a lesser god if we are too afraid to look beyond it. Perhaps another day.

j

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I'm definitely not offended, but I don't like to base my spirituality/religion on a fish analogy.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

No, of course not. You base it upon the reality of your Being. The closest and most intimate truth available to you.

j

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

SCIENCE

• theotherside
    theotherside

If God is the very essence of Love, anything that teaches Love is of God. I believe God Almighty can only judge based on Love, regardless of religious belief.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I'm the center of my own truth. My consciousness is my "God". It could never be any other way.

GBL

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Theotherside,

If God is the very essence of Love, anything that teaches Love is of God. I believe God Almighty can only judge based on Love, regardless of religious belief.

Spiritually, I think you have discovered a most elemental truth. LOVE.

Stillajwxelder,

SCIENCE

Science has discovered the 'essence of all things". IT is ENERGY. (E=MC 2) You too have discovered an elemental truth.

Put the thoughts together and you have the the (scientific) Essence of all things, ENERGY combined with the spiritual essence of all things: LOVE

If we look beyond the "mass" of our present reality to the spiritual reality we find (spiritually and scientifically) only ENERGY with a quality, LOVE.

Its all part of a journey. Those ready to peer beyond their childhood concepts do so because they realize their present position is only a stepping stone in the journey, not the end of the journey

jst2laws

• SixofNine
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Spiritually, I think you have discovered a most elemental truth. LOVE.

Damn hippies!

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

LOL,

Six, I love this new you. It seems you have channeled your former angry skepticism into a hilarious sense of humor.

Jst2laws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit