first post, need to purge my feelings!

by Krista 56 Replies latest jw friends

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Welcome--I hope eventually your husband sees the light also.

"love looking for vintage clothing and antiques at second hand shops and they love second hand shops for digging in musty boxes seeking rare "gems" of complete sets of moldy "pyramid" books."

LOL--you better watch out for the JW's--they'll say your second hand items are demon-influenced.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Welcome, Krista.

You seem to have already discovered the emotional reasons to not be a JW. May we introduce you to the intellectual reasons? - things like Jerusalem was not destroyed in 607, rendering the entire 1914 calculation invalid - an actuarial study of the anointed can prove that they are 97% fake - and a host of logical flaws, doctrinal changes and internal inconsistencies.

Oh, and by the way, all of us here are paragons of virtue, too.

• Krista
    Krista

Jayne - You see, I am actually "pretty entangled", not me per se, but through my dad and all of my siblings and their kids. But this will not keep me from "fading away" as you call it, it will just be very heartbreaking.

Hi Greendawn - I have been here only 5 days and I' ve been greatly helped already.

Crumpet - I have thought about doing a doc. about JWs but could not as it would hurt my witness relatives greatly and any chance of communication would be severed completely.

LHG - Thanks for the support. I am no spring chicken at 30 but I take pride in my grooming and have been told by sisters that this is vanity. The sister who harps on this the most is always dripping in gold and gem jewelry. Most of my jewelry is costume and inexpensive. So why can she wear a lot of gold/gems on her neck, fingers, ears ect....but I am told I am vain for working out or wearing makeup? And why is the blood issue so important but the old testament scriptures concerning to abstain from fat are all but ignored? If our bodies are temples on loan to us from God should we not be forbidden to contaminate it with unhealthy fats? And should'nt exercise be encouraged at all times to keep our bodies in peak form as God intended, instead of telling me that I waste too much of my time on vanity, health is not vanity.

Bebu - My hubby is not baptized but I am afraid he'll be angry at me since I am the one who asked him to go to the meetings and after 2 yrs he seems comfortable enough, although he does have some doubts. I need to bring up things up to him slowly issue by issue and not all at once.

Catchthis - I am not from Cal. but had the pleasure of visiting for the first time last year and fell in love with the San Fran area.

Running Man - I never swallowed a lot of their theories, especially the 1914 thing and the faithful and discreet slave class, much to my dads dismay.

Love2beWorldy - Concerning second hand stuff, this is a big contradiction since an elder proudly showed me his collection of 19?? "golden harp?" (not sure of title) books that he got at a thrift store. I guess for an elder it's ok because they are spiritually mature and I am but a "spiritually weak babe". I hate it when they call me that.

Krista

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Welcome Krista!

WOW, you tell quite a story. Sounds horrific!

DY

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Welcome Krista

DL76

• Es
    Es

welcome to the board always feel free to vent here.Look forward to more of your posts es

• heatherg
    heatherg

Welcome Krista, this is a great place to vent and bounce ideas and thoughts around! Look forward to hearing more from you. hg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit