first post, need to purge my feelings!

by Krista 56 Replies latest jw friends

• chrissy
    chrissy

Hi Krista!!

In reading your story, I first thought you were going in another direction...about family members in the organization.

Your synopsis reads like a typical rap sheet of Who's Who in American Kingdom Halls.

Tell your dad after all these years you are still not feelin it and go on with life free of gossipy cult members and creepy stalkers hunting you down in the park at 5am. Eww.

• luna2
    luna2

Welcome, Krista!

Aaaah, the loving kindness and moral cleanliness of the "friends"...there's nothing like it, huh? Glad you made your way here.

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

Nice to have you on board Krista Remember - right now your family can associate with you because you're just "worldly", but if you get more deeply involved and don't toe their line - then you become a bad associate. You already see that Jw"s are not gods exclusive organization, so why get yourself bogged down with the bullshit?!

• FairMind
    FairMind

Welcome Krista! The truth about JWs is that they commit the same sins as everyone else but as an organization live in denial of this truth.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Welcome Krista

Glad the veil got lifted for you - too many are still waiting for a release.

The grandfather being shunned for not shunning his dfed grandson, even though this man has given 40 yrs to ft pioneering.
    Incredible isn't it?
  • wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Very impressive entrance. Welcome.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

hi krista!!! welcome to the board! don't worry...we'll let you wear high heels and be as sexy as you want!!!

hope to hear more from ya!!!

luv, jojo

• Undecided
    Undecided

I have found that all religions have the same inside stories as the KH. People are the same in all religions. The JWs just claim they are God's chosen people and are special, but are just like all other religions. You have to chose your friends by their actions rather than a religion. I don't think GOD,(if there is one) is involved in any religion on this earth. Of course that's just my 70 years of experience in this life, 40 in the JWs and 30 out.

I hope you can find happiness in this life and enjoy your remaining years free from any controlling religion.

Ken P.

• zulukai
    zulukai

Krista..welcome and a big hug. Your story is a lot like mine. Once upon a time I was a totally dedicated, self sacrificing, morally upright little "witless" girl. But the only thing wrong with me was that I was the best looking woman in the hall...my dub husband even COMPLAINED about it !! I wore modest clothing, treated all the brothers with utmost respect and never encouraged anyone's attentions. I was hated nevertheless. One stupid sister even told me I had to wear a girdle because her husband was distracted when I walked up to the platform to take part in the Ministry school!!! LOL The worst part of this was that I was so sensitive I actually was embarassed and ashamed. Like I was responsible for this guy's dirty old man behaviour. Many years later I too came to find out that the private lives of those self-righteous morons would make soap opera plots look like Sunday school stories. So I know very well whereof you speak. Hope you stay with us...you'll learn a lot and I can tell you have a lot to contribute in return!

• kazar
    kazar

Welcome Krista and hope you stay here with us real people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit