first post, need to purge my feelings!

by Krista 56 Replies latest jw friends

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Welcome Krista, stay and learn here. It is a good place to be...much better than the KHall of Shame.

AuntieJane

• Netty
    Netty
    Well, it seems that dear sister virtue wears only flats but it sure has not dampened her love life any." I turned and walked off.

Priceless! Welcome I am glad you are here. Great story, and sounds pretty typical of what I remember from my Dub days.

• Krista
    Krista

THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH FOR THE WARM WELCOME!

I have been nervous all day wondering what to expect. Thanks for your caring words of support.

Jaffacake - Concerning my mom, she NEVER bought the JW "vomit". Dad handles it well, he's not the severe, strict type. If she was a non-christian it would have been different but since mom reads her bible most days and tries to apply it in her daily life I think this helped greatly.

Swan - You are right, no one is perfect but trying to deal with people who think they are the next best thing to unleavened passover bread is very frustrating.

Nicolaou - This "evil" grandfather is in a wheelchair, on oxygen and just wants to see his family together before he dies, very sad.

Ken P - I believe in the beauty and truth of the bible and I do agree with your statement of God not being involved with any of these corrupt earthly religions. The JW's are always talking about organized religion. I don't know of any other religion that so regiments their adherents, even down to 15 minute increments. Sick.

jst2laws - I have NOT given up my real friends. I know what you mean about trying to make friends out of people you have NOTHING in common with. It is second in pain only to tooth extraction. At least with tooth extraction with enough pulling you reach a goal but pull and pull as you might with the JWs you get nothing. Let's see....I read quite a bit and they do not. I love world history and world cultures and they do not. I love looking for vintage clothing and antiques at second hand shops and they love second hand shops for digging in musty boxes seeking rare "gems" of complete sets of moldy "pyramid" books. I love world music with singing in foreign languages and they love queer kingdom melodies that sound little better than poorly composed beauty pageant songs. I love studying human nature and debating abstract, philisophical issues and they like parroting back rote answers to stupid questions from a 4th grade reading level paragraph out of a WT. I need to stop, really it's making me depressed.

Nelly - Thanks, and I do hold my head up high. I have nothing to be ashamed of, I' ve done nothing wrong.

Goldminer - Thanks for the book plugs. I came across a book at a flea market called "30 Years a Watchtower Slave", it was the beginning of me finding my own voice.

Zulukai - So true about being "hated nevertheless." I was toning down my makeup (not really much to tone down) and wearing my hair up until my mom said I looked sick with brown shades on my lips and should go back to reds and that my face looked too round with my hair up. Went back to my old grooming habits after a month or so cuz nobody treated me any nicer anyway.

Jojo - Only wear heels at the hall, usually in sweats and sneakers at work and home. Thanks for the "equal opportunity footwear" welcome!

Shelley - "Drama" is an understatement. Mom says I should become a soap writer and use the K.H. for a never ending plethoric stream of juicy material. Theocratic truth is stranger than apostate fiction!

Brenda - Sincere thanks to you, and "no" I was not scared off. A combination of jitters and not being free to type at will (explanation below).

Mjarka - You asked "why am I bogged down with JW bullshit" and the answer is a little messy.... Meaning I have a husband who has now been associating for 2 years and feels a certain level of comfort, as well as my twins. I think my husband would be alarmed a bit if he knew I was posting here, so I waited for him to go to bed. So in other words, I need to proceed with caution. Think of me as Jerry (from Tom & Jerry) in the episode where he finds himself in a dog house lying under a sleeping bulldog and Jerry is ever so slowly trying to wiggle himself out from under the salivating dog without incurring injury. Don't really have a firm plan, just a rough draft to freedom and a lot of playing things by ear.

And you also mentioned "toeing their line" and I kinda get it but not really. My (blood) brother tells me that once I become an unbaptized publisher (which I am not) I could get the "no longer an unbaptized publisher and not associated with JWes" blurb read out loud about me at any thursday meeting if I am not caving into their pressure. And that after than I would have to give them (in my sincerest "I am not a crook" a la Nixon voice) the "Please forgive me for I am an infidel and I have sinned speech" or I plead the fifth and they hit the apostate eject button and I am "outa there." Is this true? So confusing and utterly unnecessary. Thanks all.

Krista

• JW83
    JW83

Hi Krista, welcome, you sound like a grand dame!

Yes, I think it is true that they read out an announcement if you are an unbaptized publisher. It sounds like you & your family are not so entangled that you couldn't make a graceful exit?! Or fade?

Good luck

Jayne

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

So - just an average Kingdom Hall then... I reckon if a ''Soap'' was made around a KH, it would be a HIT!

Welcome Krista

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Hi and welcome to the site. That sounded like some of the congs Ive been in!!!!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Krista,

Welcome to reality. That was some post. You really do have the JW skin peeled from your eyes.

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Chris

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

hi krista...so welcome

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome krista no need to feel nervous at all as this board is welcoming and understanding and will help you a great deal.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Krista - what an excellent first post. Wouldn;t it be fantastic if someone did an undercover documentary on the witnesses - exposing what they are really like in the average congregation for tv as you have done here in your writing. I would love to see that - although it would takes to make.

Its a complete fallacy that the witnesses are the most law abiding moral organisation on earth and its taken me ages to realise that. I saw things and experienced them when i was there a young naive 16 year old and yet I thought I was imagining things - that the things I saw were not real, not happening - like the newly married brothers seeking me out to take me for coffees as I was spiritually weak. It sickens me that I was so blind and always thought I was the one at fault for even being suspicious. As a worldly wise 30 year old I can see what the people in my congregation were really like. Some of the most immoral people I have ever met have been witnesses.

Out in the world I've never met a man who would have sex with his wife's (an elderette) mother whilst sharing baby sitting of their daughter/granddaughter. This man was a sexual predator who should have been expelled from the congregation long before. Frankly I don't know how most witnesses live with themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit