first post, need to purge my feelings!

by Krista 56 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

HI Krista - a big big welcome.

Same Shyte different Kingdom hall.

The blindness of the brothers is ridiculous.

You just got to love those JWs' hey......you think Jehovah removed his spirit from your congregation by any chance?

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome Krista. It's good to have you here.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Wow, your story sounds like the usual jw soap opera. They do lead sorry lives.

A great big welcome to you.

cj

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Hey Krista, Welcome to the board!

Dismembered

"You best be believing in ghost stories, cuz your in one"

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Glad your here!

that little congo of yours sounds like Tennessee Circuit 3 back in the late 70's-early 80's......... so many folks were marginal then I can hardly imagine how it is now....

JW's..."worldly" people with cheap suits...................

~Hill

• pratt1
    pratt1

Welcome Krista,

We all know exactly how you feel.

Thank God your kids will not have to grow up in that environment.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Welcome Krista!

It is good that you came here to vent. Let it all out! I love to read stories such as yours that tell about the absolute hypocrisy that goes on in many places. Not that I should feel good that such things take place, but that it validates what I have seen and experienced. You get depressed if you think that only you see these things.

Also, with regard to the persecution you are receiving because of your good looks: that is a reality there. The only protection you would have is if you are married to the right man. Then you can be as beautiful as can be. But if one is single she is a threat to everybody there - men as well as women. If there are other good looking women in the cong. then it is not so bad. But if you are the only one with the va va voom looks you are in for heartache. Now, I am not going to tell you to start dressing in a dowdy fashion because that still won't help - as long as your figure can even be slightly discerned. Ha Ha. You would have to wear a burka to please these people!!

Nice to have you here.

LHG

• bebu
    bebu

Great post, Krista!

I loved your retort to the gal who was warning you about the height of your heels!

What does your husband have to say for all this? Does he like to research anything on the web? There are now lots of GREAT sites that you could figure out ways for him to come across...

WELCOME to the board! Looking forward to your posts, when you can do them...

bebu

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

(((( Krista )))) *muah* Hugs sister! and again

WELCOME!

• catchthis
    catchthis

Howdy Krista. You don't happen to hail from southern California do you? Actually, those descriptions could just about paint the average congregation anywhere in the USA. Pretty sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit