A question for my UK cousins: What are the different British accents?

by Check_Your_Premises 79 Replies latest jw friends

• scotsman
    scotsman

Crumpet

You defend him 'cos he carries a stanley in one pocket and a needle in the other and he's out of his skull on a buckie/smack combo and he'll give you one of his kisses if you don't.

Isn't you boyfriend from here?

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Fag???? I thought she was brushing her teeth

• scotsman
    scotsman

No, it's a silver spoon. She's got plums in there too.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Yeah you are right. Maybe my former, bad side is showing. I guess I just like a picture of her with something in her mouth. See, a guy once told me that if a girl smokes, she will put anything in her mouth.

I think that is how I got the cigarette mixed in there. See Crumpy, the male mind is a very disturbing and sick place. You probably already knew that. Just be glad you aren't a guy. It really is a burden sometimes.

Ok, put the "teethbrushing" picture back. Or if you do have one of you smoking, that would be good also.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I have to get back to work. Y'all are goin' ta git me farred.

I am going to stick to what I am good at here... bashing dubs!

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Yes, a smoking picture please, please, pretty please

ig

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

You guys are so bad I don't know where to begin with the spanking! LMAO!

Its not a fag CYP, Iggy Fish was right - its a toothbrush! I do smoke and I will take some smoking ones at the weekend just for you - (or maybe tomorrow as I'll be out with a friend and prolly have made an effort to look nice, which is rare these days!)

Scotsman - where the hell is Tij - I caan't believe he's not biting after all this goading! LOL! and yep my other half is from Perth - can;t understand a word he's saying except for

"Can I get you another drink?"

or

"I love you".

Both statements are uttered as often as one would expect from a scotsman, and therefore I have made an effort never to mishear them.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    And what are some of those goofy, rhyming euphemisms: Girls are "Richards" which is in reference to Richard the 3rd, because the "3rd" rhymes with "bird" which is slang for girl.

Or "we're in Barney"

Barney Rubble > Trouble.

WHo in the hell thinks of this stuff?

• scotsman
    scotsman

I believe tij is hanging out with the neds on the street, drinking irn bru (which he possibly calls 'ginger').

You're lucky that you have a Perthman that can talk. Some of them haven't mastered upright walking yet.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The are some very colourful British accents such as the Geordie one spoken in Newcastle which is largely incomprehensible to outsiders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit