I was thinking of forbidding my wife from taking the kids out in service

by Check_Your_Premises 167 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls
    ... 144 ... cry me a river.

Swell the Troll is back

• Scully
    Scully

Your best bet would be to get the children involved in activities that take up their free time on weekends. Make certain that you are clear in your "stated" intention. Your wife wants to go door-to-door, and you are trying to facilitate that by occupying your children so they won't disrupt her witnessing activity.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    How does one show unconditional love and spend time with the kids dumped at their uncle's house???

Dumped? I saw it as more of a carrot being dangled (the pool at uncles house) to keep them away from the 'sales drives'. lol

At any rate, afin, I'm glad to see you back here against the societies strictest admonishments, you burgeoning apostate babe you.

J

"144001, I just realized your avatar ISN'T Regis Philbin. You have now earned my respect."

Thanks Richie! Although I certainly didn't share many of my avatar's political views, I do respect him; he was one of a kind. I've been to the Nixon library and visited the home Mr. Nixon grew up in. It was about 1000 square feet. To go from that to the most powerful job in the world is a phenomenal accomplishment, and one that sadly is unlikely to be repeated.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    How does one show unconditional love and spend time with the kids dumped at their uncle's house???

You obviously don't get it. CYP likes John Wayne movies- hes not a bad guy. And who said he would dump them there? He said he would take them... That means neutral ground plus a pool! Hell- I wanna go! And with that pissy attitude of yours, I suggest you take it to the Kingdom Hall, sit it in hard ass chair, and not let it move for 2 hours. Then tie a belt and tie around it, put it in the car, and roll the windows up. Then see how you feel!

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

outo ... if given the option, you'd likely have chosen candy for supper too.

kls ... when you are losing ... scream "troll".

• kls
    kls
    kls ... when you are losing ... scream "troll".

Losing Troll ? I won along time ago,i have my own mind.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Although I certainly didn't share many of my avatar's political views, I do respect him; he was one of a kind.

Oh no offense- but its not because its Nixon... Its because it isn't Regis...

I've been seeing that thing for a while and being like "why in the hell does somebody want to have Regis for their avatar?"

lol

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

AFIN you need to learn to take a rebuff with some dignity and if you have a logic based reason to challenge some one, use it.

Don't behave like a frustrated angry teenager.

Wait a minute!! I'll bet that is it!!

You are just an annoying know it all teenager.

At least you behave like one.

Outoftheorg

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I would not do an out-right ban. Your wife most certainly has already been programmed with a knee-jerk reaction to anything that even resembles "persecution" -- you will be doing the will of the Debbel and in her mind all of the predictions of persecution made by the JW will have come true. This will only strengthen her resolve. The kids may have already picked up on this a bit and your wife may have a secret talk with them about how you are persecuting them.

I'm not sure why, but most people seem to enjoy having the perception that they are being persecuted. Maybe it makes them feel important... all I know is that few things will galvanize people like the perception of being persecuted.

Here is what I suggest you do:

1. Let the kids know that they are not required to go to meetings or FS or do any other "JW" things (study the Watchtower, go to JW gatherings, etc).
    2. Let them know that if they choose not to go do "JW" things, you will support them if their mother insists on them going.
    3. Ask your children if they would like to try attending anther church to see what it is like. i.e. Sunday School or a No-Sermon Kids Church Activity in the evening (these are great for letting your kids socialize with other kids and make new friends).
    4. Ask your children if they would like to attend other non-Christian services to see what other religions are like. Maybe suggest a Buddhist temple or a Unitarian church.
    5. Let your children know that you will support them if they choose not to associate themselves with any form of religion. 10% to 20% of the population describes themselves as "non-religious". Make sure they are aware of this option. (As an atheist, I had to plug that one too )

Notice: I used the words "let", "ask" and "suggest". The point is to let your children know that their faith is their choice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit