Do You Feel You Give To The Board What You Take Out Of It???

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Nope - never - and reading that I feel quite inadequate. NOW I feel I cannot contribute as I should.

My Biblical knowledge is sadly lacking ( I'd make a GREAT JW!)

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

People shouldn't be made to feel guilty about how much they contribute to the forum.

Some of them have already put up with the expectations of the WS, and some may have an element of guilt or fear even looking at the forum. Give them a break.

If people want to contribute something, they certainly can, but it's not obligatory.

• minimus
    minimus

Wonderful comments!!!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I think when we all first came to this board we were takers, because we were searching so hard, soaking up every little bit of it all.

I have been on this board 3 years, and it saved my life. I can never, never give back what this board, everyone ,,, have given me.

I lived on this board the first year or so, posting, chatting, it was my therapy, my new family, friends, and for once in my life I felt I had found "home".

I don't get to spend as much time on the computer as I used to,,,,,,,,,but I really do try to read the threads by new ones who are struggling with losing their relgion , just as I once did. Sometimes when my time is strapped , it would be easy to just reply to my close friend's threads here , but I know it is so important to encourage ones who are hurting so much. I truly believe in giving back, as much as you can, because it was given to me first , ya know?? I just want others to have a chance to see that they too can find happiness, peace and move on from the borg, and to know it is ok, to be scared, to cry, to get mad, to mourn it all.

I always pass on the advice given to me one day in CHAT....hehe. Joy2Bfree told me.........." give yourself time, give yourself a year to get to know yourself, don't even try to study so hard". I did that. And I know it works , so you bet I am going to pass that info on to new ones.

I agree with Sassy, my early JWD days, chat was a life saver for me.

• mad max
    mad max

No I am still very vey new, I dont even know the right terminology to use here and just go with the flow sometimes making up my own (prehaps someone could open a new post listing all the terminology used here as I still dont know how yet to do that) not very comp. lit.. But this site has really helped me, just to read about exJW and others, their views etc and to see how OPEN people are in expressing themselves, what a change, it is so refreshing to me. Thanks everyone, thanks. Will give back even if it is in a little way, but remember we are not UNDER LAW anymore.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I think I give more than I take out of it..I havent really needed support from others in quite some time but I do pop in once and a while and try to share my thoughts or experiences.

• Rod P
    Rod P

I've laughed and cried, and probably bored more than a few of you on this forum with my life story.

I've empathized and sympathized with a number of individuals who are agonizing with personal dilemmas and decisions, and offered a little advice from time to time.

I've flexed and vexed my brains with some of the many intellectuals here, delving into problems of free will, infinity, paradoxes, chess, gnostic literature, biblical questions and contradictions, and peeked in on quite a few threads on a host of other topics. Can't wait to jump into some of those discussions.

I have seen some amazing critical analyses and distillations of "Watchtower Think" that helped me understand what I went thru so many years ago. And I am particularly appreciative of the inciteful contributions of Blondie, who methodically rips apart the lines of propaganda of the Watchtower literature, exposing the techniques they employ to deceive and confuse and lead astray all who are caught in their clutches. There is an amazing wealth of collective knowledge, wisdom and experience on this forum, covering all aspects of life in general.

And in particular, there are a great many here who stand ready to reveal the many travesties committed by the WBTS/GB against so many who have visited or been associated with this forum. I see so many new ones coming on stream who are hurting, or confused, feeling hopeless and helpless, and afraid. And unlike the JW Organization, who wouldn't give these people the time of day because they are too busy shunning them, and ripping families apart, I see the members of this forum lending them support and counsel and encouragement and acceptance. Where else do you see that kind of fellowship and spirit of brotherhood and sisterhood?

Furthermore, we are a diverse community linked together from around the world thru the miracle of the internet. This is becoming a force to be reckoned with, IMHO.

And I've kidded around with the likes of Gumby and Minimus with some of their head games.

Hell, with a Reality Show like this who needs television?!

So Minimus, in answer to your question "Do you feel you give to the board what you take out of it?"

Absolutely not. I think we all realize that we get more from this board than we could ever hope to give back to it. But these days, it ain't for lack of trying, I wanna tell you. Can't remember when something kept me so busy as this here forum. But when all is said and done, I feel a deep sense of gratitude for having stumbled onto this site back in January last, which till now, has been a blast.

Rod P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit