Do You Feel You Give To The Board What You Take Out Of It???

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I agree...I can never give back as much as I take away as I receive so much from so many.

But I do want to contribute as much as I can. What that is varies from day today but I hope it will continue to increase and be of some benefit to someone somewhere somehow.

What a great place.

~Merry

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Nope, I never will be able to give back more than what I take out of it.

Oh brutha, gimme a break blondie, didnt you see the praise blondie thread. Good grief, just to read through the wt article and post your comments here is way more than you take. I bet you have to go through a bottle of Pepto just to read the article.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Nope, I never will be able to give back more than what I take out of it. Blondie Hell blondie - for the first time ever I am hearing bullshit from you

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

What is giving? What is taking? Jehovahs Witness Discussion Forum, everyone welcome, is the logo. Some are lurking, taking in what is posted and are not yet ready to give of themselves. Others may have a lot to give, more than they take out of this forum. And still others may give and take evenly as they can. Some may have the finances to support this forum with a donation and give back financially, others may give by supporting us emotionally.

Minny, I feel that you and all the rest of us do what we can with what we got to be of help to all who come to this forum. If I were to use a Bible term, it would be this, " Some give 30 fold, some 60 fold, and some give 100 fold. Each person is actually giving their all, 100 fold.

As far as answering your actual question, I feel that I have taking out much, much more, than I will ever be able to give back to this board. I am indebted to the many who have posted so much here that has helped my family personally. Often times I don't respond because my thoughts have already been responded to by someone else. I do read as many posts as I can, and respond to some or post a topic that I think will be of interest.

Blueblades

• pisces
    pisces

Everyday I gain a little more knowledge from this board, so no, I feel that I take far more than I could ever give back.

• blondie
    blondie

It's not false modesty. JWD and other ex-JW boards have helped me in more ways than I can recount. I used to think I was the only one much like I felt growing up in my abusive family. I posted elsewhere that this is my 4th anniversary on JWD. It would take a book to explain how I have changed for the better.

As to the pepto, some times I need it but I know that I don't have to go on Sunday morning any more, or Tuesday, or Thursday, or Saturday or to any more insulting conventions/assemblies.

I salute all those brave souls in the ex-JW community and those lurkers who some day may post here like I did.

Blondie

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

If each of us is one, out of say one thousand members, then we are giving 1 and taking 999. Thats good value in my book. What I personally get out of this group is, however, immeasurable.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I love this place with all my heart. I know I have put alot of myself into the board by way of telling my own experiences in my life. I have given gut wrenching stories from my heart, and I love to play too. One thing is certain I have learned an incrediable amount of insight to the lies of the Governing Body and its corrupt organization.

Had I not found JWD I am not sure I would have learned about the atrocities of sexual abuse or the cover ups involving the United Nations or their inner workings had it not been for Barbara Anderson. Room 215, Little Toe, and all you other ex elders. I am greatful for the work of Blondie she is very good at getting things down pat for others to understand. Minimus what can I say about you? You are sometime the board to me. I love all of you so much. There is tremendous caring in the group. I know some of you are shy and may feel uncomfortable about expressing yourself but some day you will bloosom out and share your feelings and insights.

Some of you make me laugh so hard I start crying. Many of those abused have made my heart ache in away that it causes me to also cry. There is such a variety and diversity of person on JWD all I can say is Thanks so much to all of you.

Love Orangefatcat.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I hope that I am giving as much or more than I get. I have had 3 people send me PM's saying that they had been lurking here and my emails on being gay as a Dub made them register and start posting. So hopefully I have made a few people's lives a little better by posting my story and comments here.

But I have gotten alot out of this board. Mini you crazy bastard... you make me laugh alot. Gumby's post on Siamese twins just killed me yesterday...I laughed so hard.

Sith and I used to go round and round here too, but he's finally coming around and we are "posting buddies" now.

So yes I thank Simon and his crew for this forum where we can laugh, debate, post silly things, and yes even joust once in awhile.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I try minimus, I try. But even if I posted 65 times a day, I could never give to this board the encouragment that I get from everyone here. I've said it before and I'll say it again...this board was a life saver for me when we first left.

Oh...please give me a moment to collect myself.

cathy l.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit