Why do you post here?

by seattleniceguy 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Jez
    Jez

Other peoples response to posts allow me the rarity of seeing many different perspectives on any given situation, in a very short period of time.

Jez

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

I like the shared bond as well. Also reafirms I am not crazy and alone. Both my wonderful husband and therapist encourage me to post. I am still, after 25 yrs out, a little paranoid. sheesh, the occasional flashbacks are the worst! But, under control. I post here because after the initial anxiety of posting I feel sooooo much better.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

like elsewhere said...

and some really "good association".

• jula71
    jula71

I have to agree with Elsewhere...I'm in a fade and this site has really helped me and really just opened my eyes. In time after my fade is complete I hope to help others escape.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Sometimes it's fun, sometimes interesting, sometimes helpful.

Something I observed, first in my last months as a JW, then later in other groups: there is what I would call a "window of useful communication" within any group.
    (1) you get familiar and fluent with the group's language and ideas (and whatever you may try to communicate won't be understood before you have done that);
    (2) you share in expressing the group's ideas with the group's language (and whatever you may say can be said by anybody else);
    (3) you start developing personal ideas within the group's language (now that's interesting);
    (4) you realise that your personal ideas have outgrown the group's language and you need to move on.
    The "window" I was referring to corresponds to stage # 3. Obviously it is way larger within such a diverse group as JWD than, say, a church, a political party or a philosophical fellowship. However that doesn't mean you'll never reach stage # 4.

It's great for a group to welcome people in and let them go their way.

This, of course, is only about ideas -- and there is obviously much more to JWD than ideas.

(Btw, SNG, I greatly appreciate your posts and learn a lot from reading them.)

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

I post just because.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I have made some friends here. JWD feels more like home than the KH ever did.

Ain't THAT the truth! I look forward to coming here, every chance I get. Sure beats the way I felt about meetings!!!

As much as I hope that I can help somebody else to see through the WTS crap, I still find that *I* am learning, or realizing some things myself. Every so often a post will hit me like a big door that has opened and I sit here in awe. I hope that I can "open some doors" for new ones.

Annie

• loosie
    loosie

It's cheaper then therapy

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

1. to relieve boredom at work

2. to contribute things I have learned that might actually help some transition from being a borg drone to a human

3. to learn from others

4. to teach others things I am not sure about, but believe and hope to be true, but also believe that others will likely either challenge or spot the flaws and let me know.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Originally it was to get help and information.

It is the same reason now, but in addition I want to pass on some of the truths I have learned. I think it is human nature, that when you find out important truths that you want to pass them on to others.

Thanks to you all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit