Why do you post here?

by seattleniceguy 44 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I think we share a very unique experience, that of having been involved in a very controlling and bizarre religion. Because of this experience I think ex-JW's are some of the wisest, most insightful people I've ever encountered. Definitely the coolest.

Dan, sucking-up-to-the-board class

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

1. To connect
    2. To learn
    3. To help
  • z
    z

SNG

I always look for your post you are great writer you should continue with it. as for me it?s very helpful thank you

Z

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Our shared experience makes it very comfortable to be here, and there is such a vast community of terrific people here.

• kazar
    kazar

GBL....those are my sentiments exactly

• Honesty
    Honesty

Sayings of everlasting life have always aroused my inner psyche.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Because us women just LOVE to talk...

No really..the XJW boards gave me a common bond with some of the posters..(the real ones)

No one I was around shared the things I was going through as an X JW..I found that here.
    Having a JW hubby was tough. I had left and he got stronger..go figure...
    Anyway..I had JW realtives to deal with besides..
    I received a lot of encouragement here and just kept coming back..then when hubby was sick I got a lot of good advice on dealing with the problems I was facing. And a lot of sympathy..which made me cry but that was a good thing!

It hasn't always been a piece of cake on the boards..there were always the troublemakers and I fell right into their traps a few times..but it allowed me to let off steam..which was a good thing at the time.
    Now I think I come because it is so interesting. I enjoy the chit chat and the ones seeking advice..I feel sorrow for those going though crisis..for I have been there.

I enjoy pointing new ones to links that provide info about the deceptions taught by the JW's..trouble is not many respond. There seems to be a lot more pop-ins..that sprout off and never come back..I don't know if it is a real person or someone on the boards playing a prank.

I can't believe how fast time goes when I come here..Maybe I should set an alarm clock..I might get more done..

I didn't have a computer for a long time as mine broke..I didn't miss it at all. But now it is fixed and I really enjoy coming here..

Snoozy..(Told you we love to talk!)

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hi all. What a good thread. Thanks for so many great replies!

SNG

• talesin
    talesin

What Ozzie said,

1. To connect
      2. To learn
      3. To help

Debating can be fun sometimes, too.

tal

1. Mac
      Mac

Screw it...this thing has entered itself twice with me in mid post.grrrr!!

mac

Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit