Why do you post here?

by seattleniceguy 44 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Screw it...this thing has entered itself twice with me in mid post.grrrr!!

mac

Mac, you got to learn to control your ENTER key.

I guess I post because of the connection and bond we all still share after being duped into the "brotherhood" of the WT world. The thing is, upon leaving, alot of us have figured out that accidently the good old gov bod really did bond us in a brother/sisterhood for lack of a better term. Sometimes JWD feels like a haven. Sometimes.

It's nice to validate and to be validated. It's nice to find laughter and to make laugh: it's fun to come and just be zany at times.It's nice to find a shoulder and to provide a shoulder.

• Mac
    Mac
    Mac, you got to learn to control your ENTER key.

That's a lot to ask of a man.

mac

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Debating can be fun sometimes, too.

Nope, not interested so I'll leave that to you talesin!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

to help and be helped

to love and be loved

to laugh and be laughed

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

That's nice!

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

SNG,

What Ozzie said!

This forum (and other sites like it) will help contribute to the org.'s eventual demise and as an ex-JW, I want to support that any little way I can!

I really appreciate your work on your "evolution series" as well!

W.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I am new as well. Yeah I've tried to explain to non jws where 18 of my best years went and understandably most reckon it was my choice. It certainly was but once I left, my life as I new it crashed. My personality disintergrated and I had to start to rebuild and know my true self from scratch. No support, nuthin'.

So finding a site wth like minded souls(and a glass of good red) has given no end of satisfaction knowing that others are out there and they UNDERSTAND ....Thankyou

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Because its hear from people who know exactly what its like. I agree with GBL- it is a unique commonality and bond that we share. Other than family I dont know any other ex-Jw's, so to come on here a find so many people with the same experiences- its great. I feel at home here. I havent been on JWD long but I intend to stay, and learn and understand- cos I still feel such a gap in my life.

Thank you all.

Paul

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I post here so that the whole world can know what my experiences were with the JWs. I have every right to tell it.

They tried so hard for so long to silence so many people that they deserve to be exposed!!!

If anybody reads all these experiences and still decides to either stay a JW or to become one at least they will be making an informed choice.

LHG

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

now that's an interesting question?

Ever since 1975 came and gone, including dfd my ex-, due to Elders not answering my question on the Mediator and 1975 I found a wealth of info since the beginning back in the late 1874 and before.

At first I thought, " I see they changed due to their error." then I see that 1914 was meant to be the armagedon..but then they changed it to Christ establishing the cleaning of the church..

Then it happened. The Watchtower always told us that Jehovah God is the head of these changes. Then I realised God does not alter His plan just to make man happy. That was in 1977.

Ever since I've done research I'm out telling all I know of Christ, plus telling all who'll hear of false doctrines of many cultic religions. And if we don't do it and yet we know.....the blood is on our hands.......

PEACE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit