607 date

by Cordelia 126 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

ive just left the jws well got dfed a month ago! but family want me back so im trying to prove to myself that it isnt true, top get the strength not to go back,i heard the 607 date may be false, can anyone show me about that, i know exactly what the jws say and cant believe the intial date is wrong, IS IT?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I used to feel exactly like you. 537 + 70 years = 607. What is there to argue? Right? Well it turns out that the evidence is overwhelming that 607 is not right, cannot be right. It ends up that 70 + 537 is an oversimplification of things and is interpretational. The only reason the Jws stick to 607 is because thats the only way they can make 1914 work out. Otherwise there'd a been new light long ago on this.

I'll look for the Alleymom/neobab kings list thread for you. It proves straight from the liturature that 607 is wrong.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Here it is: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/55372/1.ashx

You might find the "Best of" section of this db very interesting on this topic and many others.

• lazyslob
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I find this subject soooo boring.

607 => scream

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Then why insist on posting SBF? Because the only thing not boring to you is the sound of your own keyboard?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

slimfatboy,

I find this subject soooo boring.

As it underpins everything that the WTS stands for as a corporation, and given that you seems to be an utterly confused semi-apologist for the WTS, nobody would be suprised to hear that the subject bores you.

As an aside, what subjects interest you, apart of course from the latest Britney Spears song.

HS

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am interested in most things JW. I have just finished Furuli's new book, and it sucked the life out the subject for me.

I just wonder why people think this is so important.

Technically it does 'underpin' everything Jehovah's Witnesses believe about authority among Witnesses and all that. I understand the mechanics of that. But I just don't buy it either. Jehovah's Witnesses believe that they have the truth because they believe that they teach the truth (duh). They believe that Jesus picked them because they had the most things right in 1919, or 1918, or whenever. But at the end of the day, when Jehovah's Witnesses eventually drop the 1914 thing, they will still insist that they are God's chosen people because they teach true doctrines. That is why both Jehovah's Witnesses and apostates are wrong to focus on this date. Better to just get straight to the beliefs and evaluate them - because that is the true basis for Jehovah's Witnesses sticking with the 'channel'.

Ask any ordinary Witness why they believe it is the truth. How many uncontaminated by apostate propaganda will say that believe it is the truth because Jesus picked them in 1914? A few old fuddy duddies maybe - but the majority would simply say that they believe it is the truth because they are convinced by the things they teach now. The details of when they were 'chosen' and aspects of prophecy are fluid and can be altered by Witness leaders to fit around that basic premise.

1914/607 is a non-subject

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

SBF,

607/1914 is representative the rest of the underhanded teachings of the WTS. It is also important to note that they will disfellowship someone for calling them to account for their spiritual and intellectual dishonesty regarding 607. Give them another decade and with a flick of the new light wand, they will start disfellowshiping people for teaching the 607/1914 doctrine.

• jula71
    jula71
    1914/607 is a non-subject

WHAT?? Everything in Dubland hangs on 1914 which hangs on 607.....that is the whole foundation of what they believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit