607 date

by Cordelia 126 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    (time being measured in differnet ways and so not reliable).

I can't believe I said ''differnet'' - I feel so ashamed.(Is it too late to go back and edit it? You think anyone noticed? lol)

My problem is arguing HISTORY against Faith/Bible - HISTORY only works when the EDUCATED of this World AGREE with JW (otherwise it's dismissed). Today I was told that JW AND Historians AGREE on 455BC(E) - a date that was new to me today.

• AlanF
    AlanF

MidwichCuckoo said:

: Today I was told that JW AND Historians AGREE on 455BC(E) - a date that was new to me today.

Absolutely wrong. The JWs claim that 455 B.C. was the 20th year of Artaxerxes, and the year in which the prophecy of the "70 weeks of Daniel" began. Historians all agree that the 20th year of Artaxerxes was 445 B.C.

For a comprehensive look at this question, look here:

http://user.tninet.se/~oof408u/fkf/english/artaxerxes.htm

Whatever JW you're talking to is typically ignorant of real history.

AlanF

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

This is what is so repulsive. They said to study their publications because they were scholars and spent so much time doing research on them. When you find they completely disregarded historical evidence it makes me pissed. Of course I realized how stupid they were with medicine I should have known they would be just as assine with biblical history. The emporer is naked I say.

• scholar
    scholar

Cordelia

See what I mean! I merely have to post on this subject and I cause a 'flame war' of hysterical rantings and ravings. Yes, if you wish to reject 607 then so be it but your intelligence should surely move you to find a better alternative if you can. These are the choices;

apostates favour 587 because of the Jonsson hypothesis

scholars prefer 586 because of Edwin Thiele

other scholars prefer 586/587 because the evidence is perplexing

other scholars prefer 587 because of calendrical complexity

other scholars prefer 588 based on Ussher's chronology

WT scholars prefer 607 because it is simple, Bible based, secular evidence based

scholar JW

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Bull shit scholar!!!!

You lie and it's disgusting!!!

How's that for a flame war you retard. So why don't you just say 99.5% of everyone agrees that IT ISN'T 607 !!!! Without 607 JW dogma falls apart. For the rest of civilization that couldn't care a whit about this whether it being 586/587 etc.... they don't have to stack any evidence in their favor since they haven't hitched their dogma to this. The Dub's have to go back and make up these dates to make it seem like crazy Russell actually had some sort of knowledge about this. They don't want to mention that he came to his 1914 prediction using a mistaken measurement of a pyramid. They had to cover their tracks and figure out a way to get to 1914 some other way.

Satan get behind me and quit misleading people, you are truly evil and vile Scholar!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

World Book Encyclopedia:

Jeremiah began prophesying about 627 B.C. He continued as a prophetic voice during the fall of the kingdom of Judah to the Babylonians and the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple in 587 or 586 B.C. His prophecies also continued into the exile that followed.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Scholar,

I know you are very much more studious in the matter of 607 / 687 than I. I recently posted on the other 607 debate that is currently ongoing saying how much infomation I've obtained from it from both sides of the argument, and how greatful I am about that. I include you in that.

However, one thing has been as obvious as a large mole on the end of a nose, that is, 'WT scholars prefer 607 because it is simple, Bible based, secular evidence based' is absolutly not the case.

I realy don't mean to ruffle your feathers, but, seriously, just about everyone on the planet states the contranry to 607. I recently went to Israel, to the museum of the original temple, and saw the evidence for myself.

Now maybe everyone else has got it wrong. I am willing to see that that is a possibility. But, the 607 date IS highly controversial. That IS a fact everyone can see.

steve

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Encyclopedia Brittanica:

When David captured Jerusalem, he moved the Ark of the Covenant there. As the site for a temple, he selected Mount Moriah, or the Temple Mount, where it was believed that Abraham had built his altar to sacrifice Isaac. The First Temple was constructed under David's son Solomon and was completed in 957 BC. It contained three rooms: a vestibule, the main room for religious services, and the Holy of Holies. From the time of Josiah, it was designated as the only place for sacrifice in Judah. It was destroyed during the Babylonian conquest in 586 BC.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

The same worn-out fundamentalistic/sectarian excuse:

If different sources don't exactly agree about the measurement of the earth globe I'm entitled to believe the earth is flat.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Columbia Encyclopedia:

After a siege of about a year, Jerusalem was finally destroyed in 586 B.C. Nebuchadnezzar was a splendid builder, and Babylon with its hanging gardens was then the greatest city of the ancient world. However, Babylon was shortly to fall under conquest when Nabonidus was king. The book of Daniel depicts Nebuchadnezzar as a conceited and domineering king and tells of his going mad and eating grass. He is also called Nebuchadrezzar or Nebuchodonosor.

Sorry Scholar but 3 strikes and you are out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit