607 date

by Cordelia 126 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• scholar
    scholar

Narkissos

No, each of the three step model is well supported by biblical and secular evidence. Now that does not mean for example 539 that WT scholars used all of the secular evidence which may well contribute to the use of competing dates. But such scholars looked at the evidence and assessed that 539 was solidly based upon secular evidence, universal acceptance within scholarship and was well described as momntous biblical event well grounded in secular history. This 539 is truly a safe and secure foundation for establishing a relative chronology. But if you prefer other candidates then that is fine because chronologists generally select their own methodology but if it does not work do not come complaining to me.

Chronology is about methodology and interpretation and that is the Golden Rule. It does not matter whether it is the chronology of Narkissos, Jonsson, Ussher, Thiele or WT the abbove rule applies. The seventy years interpretation whatever the case. I will let you into a tweeny-weeney secret- the land was desolated for seventy years without an inhabitant in order to fulfill Jeremiah's word. It seems that you prefer the modern critics opinions over and above what God's Word clearly states.

scholar JW

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    WT scholars have decided upon 539 and any other discussion is of no consequence to me.

That's the best cult-think statement I've heard from you for quite some time!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Round and round he goes where he stops nobody knows.

You post no proof. You post no published quotes. You post nothing. Again and again you post no proof. Provide your proof.....give us books to refer to. Give us internet resources. Give us historical proof. Give us secular experts.

You won't / you can't / you lose..... we ain't buying what your selling Scholar.

• Sirona
    Sirona

"poztates 1, scholar 0"

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

'scholar'

Your misdirection is frustrating. No one argues about 539 as a pivotal date so you don't need to keep trying to defend it. It is 607 that is wrong.

70 years ended in 539 (Jeremiah 25:12, Daniel 5:26-30). Started in 609 (that's when Babylon became World Power after conquering the Assyrian capital at Harran.) That is when nations started to 'serve' Babylon.

This fits perfectly with archaeology and the bible. Just not JW dogma.

But maybe eventually there will be a flash of new light(TM) and the present present truth(TM) will be replaced with new present truth(TM), and then you'll wonder why you ever argued with us when the previous present truth(TM) fades into obscurity.

(TM)'Present truth' and 'new light' are trademarks of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Cordy I'm impressed that you want to buy into this issue so early on! I'm just barely managing to breathe in and out right now, I can't even imagine wanting to open a Revelation or a Daniel book.

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

hey everyone i completely forgot i started this thread! !

sirona just reminded me i almost started another on the same lines because i really want to know the answer!

i think i must of been drunk! cant believe i forgot!! and even kept wondering about it!

anyway i will read all your replies so thanks so much you guys.

love cordy x

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Scholar -

The bottom line is simply this. If 607 is wrong then you have to have a replacement year. Now you have a choice of the following: 588, 587, 587/586, 586. This is the stark reality of the situation as any reference work will demonstrate. Consult any encyclopedia or a book on biblical history and you will see that there is not a single agreed date for the Fall of Jerusalem as presented by all scholars. Now this singualr fact is not what the poztates want you to know.

BULL. You don't have to have a replacement year in order to prove something didn't happen on a certain date.

MORE intellectual dishonesty.

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Cordelia!

Nuts isn't it! Doesn't matter which way you cut it the 607 date just does not stand, (unless you take a measurement of the pyramid in Geza and divide it by the length of your elbow to your middle finger divided by the square root of pi).

Anyway, since last October I have been searching for 607 date in every book, net site and you know what....it's not there.

Russell did strike it lucky with WW1 starting in 1914, but his original date for the Presence of Christ was 1874 and then 1915, so...you know...as I said at the beginning....nuts!

My mother insists that the Debil came to the earth in 1914, because it says in the True Peace and Security book that historians claim that the World has changed since 1914, but she can't see that some things have also got better, ie health care in the Western world and longevity. I suppose even the Debil is good at somethings then. He's certainly excellent with technology! If you're going to blame him for the bad, you gotta thank him for the good too...surely, if you're nuts enough to believe all that in the first place.

So, in the end people believe what they want to believe, unless they chose to search for accurate information, which a JW will always be too afraid to do.

Sad really.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Gill:

Russell did strike it lucky with WW1 starting in 1914

He didn't really strike it lucky. He was late, and he predicted something that didn't happen anyway. He said October 1914. The war had been in full swing for months before that.

Scholar:

The bottom line is simply this. If 607 is wrong then you have to have a replacement year.

That is faulty logic. If someone sees that I am not at a particular place, they don't need to know where I am to know that I am not there.

The date for the capture of Jerusalem on March 16, 597BC (corresponding with Nebuchadnezzar's 9th year; Jeremiah 52:4) is known exactly by archaeologists, so any doubt as to the exact year for the destruction in 588/7/6 provides no support for the 607 dogma.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit