607 date

by Cordelia 126 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• fairchild
    fairchild

When Raymond Franz was working on the "Insight On The Scriptures" volumes, he found out that 607 was a wrong date, but being taught and having believed all his life that it was right, he thoroughly studied this subject. He SO wanted it to be true and make it work. To me, this was one of the most tragic parts in his book CoC.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    1. The arbitary selection of a specifically chosen pivotal date which is 539 based on biblical and secular evidence.

Well, you see that's the trick. I've pointed out to you many times that 587 is perfectly agreeable with a 70-year period between the destruction of Jerusalem and Cyrus' Edit if you only arbitrarily choose a different starting date.

3. the 70 years of exile-desolation-servitude well attested biblically and secular evidence

What secular evidence is there that the period of exile-desolation-servitude lasted 70 years? Know of any secular references to the the length of the Jewish exile?

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I'm with Slimboy...

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I'm new here. Is this guy scholar a jw or someone just having a bit of sport?

Either way, he isn't going to convince anyone on this sight to change beliefs and sadly no one here is going to convince him otherwise. Could it be better to just ignore him?

If no one responds, his power is gone

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

"proof being that the year 537 BCE Cyrus issued his decree that Jews could go back to their homeland Jerusalem and rebuild the house of Jehovah" That conflicts with Jeremiah 25:12 plain and simple. The elders didn't like it when I told them that.

• AlanF
    AlanF

doofdaddy said:

: If no one responds, his power is gone

True enough. But it's also true for some people, as Hitler said, that a lie repeated often enough becomes truth. Hence, the smacking down of JW liars on this board.

AlanF

• Pole
    Pole

Or was it his propaganda minister, Goebbels?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Ignore them and they become facts....

Look at the Bush administration...they constantly linked Saddam to 9/11...yet at one time over 70% of the people believed it to be true. Never was, and still isn't true.

• jula71
    jula71

Oh EF, we were doing do well together. The only thing the "Administration" said, from the beginning is, "because of 9/11 we have look at and act differently at states that sponsor terror." That is a true statement and it is not linking Iraq with 9/11. I'm no Bush fan; I didn't and wouldn't have voted for him, but I'm just being fair. He was elected on a conservative platform and promise of a small government. All he's done given away the farm spending increasing the size of government. I agree on the issue of Iraq but not much else with him.

• toreador
    toreador

You guys must be up till all hrs of the night posting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit