Is it better to just LEAVE or FIGHT?

by ljwtiamb 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

What's the old saying? Something like 'You can wrestle a pig in the mud, but it just gets you dirty and aggrivates the pig."

Leave. Why fight?

• hmike
    hmike

Something that would bother me if I were in your position is that the WT org. knows they are big, powerful, and well-established. They expect people to leave without a fight. So, if someone stays and works and gives and follows orders, that's good for them. And if someone just leaves without making a fuss, that's good for them, too. So, either way, they win.

They expect those who leave to be miserable and empty, and maybe realize it was a mistake to leave. They think they have it figured out. Maybe you can show they were wrong about you.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I say let life lead you.. Don't concentrate on what you need to do. You're simply taking a new path; see where it leads. Each day is a new adventure.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

My shrinks advice is to not waste any more of my precious moments of life trying to reason with any JWs. He told me to carry a big pocketwatch and if ever I have an encounter with one of them take my watch out of my pocket and say "I'm late I'm late for a very important date, no need to say hello, goodbye, I'm late....I'm late...I'm late...I'm late." well something along those lines. His advice was to give them about 10 seconds and that was it. That way I don't get myself upset by their encounter and there is no time to discuss anything that might lead into anything that they can use to manipulate or harm me or my family.

Of course there are other situations that involve more than a casual encounter--family,etc. There is no black and white on these situations, but as far as I have learned thus far (in therapy) that it is about personal boundaries. You need to create some to protect yourself. I think it has a lot to do with limiting your time spent with people who are not healthy for you.

the best, cybs

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Dan-O

What's the old saying? Something like 'You can wrestle a pig in the mud, but it just gets you dirty and aggrivates the pig."

Leave. Why fight?

I like that.

Just as a side thought, it would be nice to help others in the pen to appreciate that very thought and maybe help thousands of others just walk out of the pen and leave the pigs in the mud. That would be the ultimate victory over the WT.

Jst2laws

• Netty
    Netty
    attempt to move on and enjoy the remaining years of my life, freely pursuing my own interests

This gets my vote. That is what I am doing.

• homesteader
    homesteader

Get yourself out safe and mentally sound and then help others in anyway you can. Even though we were "victims" those of us who were adults gave our consensus.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Once you stop making any kind of contribution to the WTS you have already deprived them of something, thereafter you can decide over time if and when and to what extend you will fight them.

You may feel emotionally exhausted now but maybe not after a year.

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor
    those of us who were adults gave our consensus.

Excellent point... I was 14 and completely emotionally & physically dependent upon my parents when I took the plunge. I couldn't (legally) have sex, drive or rent a car, sign for a hotel room, drink, smoke, or join the armed forces...

...but I sure as hell can get dunked in a pool and promise to abide by whatever the WBTS says!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit