Is it better to just LEAVE or FIGHT?

by ljwtiamb 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garybuss
    garybuss

For me, a fight avoided, is a fight won.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i went back to fight...not for me but for others so that no-one else would have to go through what i went through....pointless exercise...not only will no-one in authority listen but neither would anyone i was potentially fighting for...so in the end i left....exhausted and disillusioned

tijkmo of the i live in my cynical world..my cynical cynical world class

• kls
    kls
    Who says you have to choose one or the other. Maybe for now you simply want to move on with your life... maybe in 5 years you will want to fight. It's your life.... you only get one go around, so do what you think will make your life fuller and happier.

omg i am agreeing with BrainPicker

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Nobody can answer this question for you....you must do whatever sooths your healing wounds and leaves the least scars.

Do what you feel is right and what you feel will actually get some results.

My philosophy was to live well, that being the best revenge ever.

DB74

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

db74,

counsel good give you! (said in a yoda voice.)

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Don't FIGHT, just WRITE!

RR - of the "I'm a poet and I didn't know it' class

• hmike
    hmike

As DB74 wrote, it's a decision only you can make, and if you fight, what form that takes.

Unless someone has the resources of Bill Gates, it isn't likely he or she could have a significant impact. And sure, it would involve sacrifice to fight. But little things can help specific individuals. Whoever started this forum did something. Others have written books, started websites, or are involved in counseling. Maybe you can find something that will fit into your new post-JW life.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why sue the WTBTS when you can deprive them of more victims and $ by educating the public about their deception, lies, blasphemy and false love. Reasonable people can see right through WT literature. Many JW's who have left the organisation have provided the public with details that can be verified through WTBTS literature about how this destructive cult breaks up families and spiritually ruins innocent people with their indoctrination methods. This exposes the deceptive gentle appearance the WTBTS has used to gain more followers and eventually reaches into the WT coffers better than any lawsuit could ever attain.

• just fine
    just fine

IMHO I would take care of yourself first. Make sure you are ok, it takes time and a variety of emotions to leave a mind controlling cult in the first place. Then in the future you can decide if its a battle you want to fight. For me, once I left and started my new (and exciting) life I never felt the need to go back and fight.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Obviously, you have already spent a big chunk of your life serving the org.. If you leave now, you will be free and you can start the rest of your life. If you fight, not only will you be fighting a battle which is almost impossible to win, you will also give them more of your precious time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit