Is it better to just LEAVE or FIGHT?

by ljwtiamb 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

Although, I have not been victim to the same level of damage from the WTS as many of you on this site, I have noticed that it is very difficult to fight such a large entity with deep pockets and passionate (though misled) supporters.

Since I am still in the very early stages of leaving/fading, I wonder:

I have already spent the vast majority of my life sacrificially serving the interests of this org. Should I:

1. attempt to move on and enjoy the remaining years of my life, freely pursuing my own interests?
    2. seek some form of justice, using (part or all) of my now emancipated mental & emotional resources by fighting this nebulous entity?

I can understand why some may choose either course, but am just wondering about some of your thoughts. Which will give you the most satisfaction? How much more damage will we (you and/or I) endure, if the chosen path is in vain?

Just thinking! (maybe too much!)

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Leave don't fight. They're too brainwashed or afraid to listen to those who fight.

• xjwms
    xjwms

I don't want to fight, I just want to leave, hurt, .. but, .. no fight.

For me ,... just easier.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Because I am "fading", I chose option #1.

I don't want to draw any attention to my "fading status".

Living the rest of my life as happily as I can is a "silent witness" to those that know you. It's really true: "Actions speak louder than words".

Do what feels right for you though....

CodeBlue

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Who says you have to choose one or the other. Maybe for now you simply want to move on with your life... maybe in 5 years you will want to fight. It's your life.... you only get one go around, so do what you think will make your life fuller and happier.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

My only fight is for my wife and kids. I don't want my oldest girl to have to deal with another year of sitting out birthday parties and feeling different from everyone else. She is outgoing, funny, talented, and especially bright according to her testing. She has every option in the world available to her. I don't want her to get the same counsel I got - "You have EVERY potential in the world ... but there's no way you can pursue those things and still be a Witness."

Not gonna happen.

As far as the Society themselves ... I could give a rat's ass about them. I believe their humiliation will come sometime in the future and they will be their own undoing. I'll still help out here on the site - from a more academic standpoint probably though.

-ithinkisee

• pratt1
    pratt1

I agree with Evilforce.

You can fade and then chose to fight whenever you want. After being out for about a year I began to reach out to especially the younger people and I encouraged them to pursue their own dreams and not allow the borg to dictate their future. I also constantly call my Mom and other relatives still in the "troof" on the carpet about the false predictions and "new light" corrections that come from Bethel.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Nothing is black and white. One or the other.

There are always many, many options. Learn to be and go with the flow.

• hmike
    hmike

Sounds like you would like to sue the WT org to recover financial losses, sue for "mental anguish" and maybe seek punitive damages as well. How about a class-action suit?

I'm sure if it could be done, it would have by now.

About the only thing you can legally and morally do is try to educate others about their practices, as many have done.

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb
    Sounds like you would like to sue the WT org to recover financial losses, sue for "mental anguish" and maybe seek punitive damages as well. How about a class-action suit?

Actually, I wasn't thinking of anything so drastic, since like i said: I have not been victimized as have many others.

However, I do understand that by 'turning the tables', I might find closure. Still, I am afraid of getting sucked into a new life of anti-wts, which could still rob me of the life that i am learning that i deserve.

I do appreciate everybody's comments. I'm still thinking through this whole thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit