Is it better to just LEAVE or FIGHT?

by ljwtiamb 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I would say, if there is a fight to be fought, let it be your fight.

Ray Franz wrote a book becuase that's what he was, a writer. Bill Bowen founded an anti-pedophilia activist group because that was the issue that he personally was facing. AlanF wrote essays because he is a researcher. Simon, Quotes and others created websites because they are web geeks. Etc.

So if there is something that is in your nature and circumstances to do, then go ahead and do it. But don't feel obligated to find something to do if the shoe doesn't fit. You've done more than enough of that for one lifetime.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Time and place for everything.

Brooke

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

YOU can do whatever the f*ck you want. You are free. However, there are children that are NOT free... maybe you will think about that and you will help.. Maybe you will think of the children that have been sexually abused.. that might be something you'll think about..l and then you'll think about what you can do to help them.. that might be somethin you will think about... CG

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I would say it all depends some people they perhaps should just quietly leave because they may be weaker emotionally, and some people if they don't fight and just keep it bottled in they make themselves sick and so fighting in this case may be very theroputic for some to give it hell.

Know one should make a hard fast rule on this, flexibility is best.

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

I agree with Evil.

A lot depends on your definition of "fight" (direct confrontation, picketing, etc...). I think a better word would be oppose (every time you post on this site, you're doing it!). One way is by being the highest quality human being you can be (disproving our "evilness" with deeds) by helping others. Be a passive-aggressive bastard/bitch!

I've got a huge pack of JW relatives and I'd like to be there for the younger generation while taking advantage of the occasional "accidental" debate with the older ones (as a former "golden child" I still have some credibility with them and cordial relations made possible by my self imposed exile).

For my personality type, I have to oppose the org.'s members knowing what I know now, but more through education and kindness than aggressive personal attacks (unless they're really objectionable). That said, make sure you take time to "heal" and re-orient yourself first. You're not on the clock anymore!

W.

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

For me, leaving was by far the better choice. Fighting would not have accomplished anything -- in fact, it would lend credibility to their hierarchy and methods of discipline (e.g., if I agree to meet with the Elders then I must believe that what they have to say is important and that they have the authority to offer counsel and/or discipline.)

Nothing could be further from the trooth. I don't believe they are "God's chosen mouthpiece," or "his earthly vessel," or whatever it is that they are calling themselves nowadays. So why fight? I'm counting my blessings that I've gotten away and have had a fairly successful deprogramming.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I made a promise to myself that I would stick around on these boards for at least two years and help doubters and people expelled from the dubs. I swore it to the memory of an old old friend of mine, a little boy named Adrian Yates who died years ago from not accepting a blood transfusion. I would have declined a transfusion the same as he did when I was his age.

So I say keep fighting.

GBL

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

leaving is fighting. the wit's cannot believe that someone they once thought of as smart and together, would choose to leave the troof. if there are one or two aquaintances that you can help before you DA yourself, then that is even a greater fight. and if you have the energy, like many on this board, to continue helping (fighting), then that could be part of your healing process.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    attempt to move on and enjoy the remaining years of my life, freely pursuing my own interests?

This is what I have been doing and it works just fine. However, I do and will continue to tell the "truth" about the WTBTS whenever the conversation comes up.

For me, life it sweet for the most part and not enough years to whip myself into a frenzy trying to get back at them. They will continue to accumilate suffering by their own hand!

HappyDad

• Lois
    Lois

The longer you stay in the harder it will be to leave. You don't owe them an explaination or apology for any decision you make. You owe it to yourself to find your own happiness and truth. If they question you abouut leaving you can simply say this is a matter between you and Jesus and for them to butt out of your private life. If they persist in you giving them answers...tell them to leave you alone or you'll file charges for harassment...end of discussion.

One thing you'll need to do is be your own person, have your own thoughts, make your own decisions, be firm in standing up for yourself, have a personal relationship with Jesus...not one dictated to you. Remember...His love is unconditional...don't allow anyone to tell you otherwise. He knows your heart better than you and I have no doubt He knows you are seeking freedom to love him in your own way. I have faith you will find Jesus in a way that will deliver you from the restraints of those who want to keep you from truely KNOWING WHAT A LOVING BEING HE IS and the key is freedom to seek all avenues to gain knowledge of His word.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit