How to implode your local congregation

by Check_Your_Premises 42 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener

For faders who still go in service it could be possible. Everytime you work with different people you hear about their calls. It wouldn't be too hard to quietly write down every address you go to and send out the tract at a later date. Doing so discreetly so as not to be able to have your moves traced. The elder bodies are good at finding wrongdoing when people confess - when they have to research what rv's and bible studies got a tract and when and who was on it, well that's a bit more dificult.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

The thing I like about educating the local return visits and bible studies is that it will kill growth. It will also be very frustrating to the individual dub, who just keeps slaving away with nothing to show. No sense of accomplishment.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Sounds good to me.

Pretty soon, there will be a talk on "faders", complete with more attempted guilt trips.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Yuck! I'm in a crappy situation here. From the moment that I sent my DA letter, not one active JW has spoken to me, including family members.

I haven't a clue who has left, faded or been DFed, and it looks like I never will! For all I know, half the congo could have left and whose gonna tell me?

I did have one couple stop by who had left, but nobody talks to them either! I wish there was some way to find out what's going on!

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

ONe way to give the df a place to go, is to setup a local and known opposition. Preferably through a local church since they will have the motivation and means for such an undertaking.

Then go to a meeting everyonce in awhile and put fliers on car windows that say,

"having doubts about the Truth? If you leave or thinking of leaving give us a call if you need to talk"

Imagine the gasping and fainting that would take place.

Your local faders would throw the flier away in disgust, all the while saying the number over and over in their head.

That way you would have two levels of interaction. A known opposition that df's and faders could contact, and an inside presence that provides intel and paranoia.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I wouldn't recommend using any local church. That's a real turn off to an exiting JW. they'd be afraid of falling into babylonish traditions. They may be doubting the dubs but it would be a long time before doubt can make them contact a local church.

I say keep it personal. Not fliers at the hall but perhaps business cards. something small that can be tucked away quickly.

A talk on faders would be counter productive. They have a hard time telling who faders are until the last moment as well. sometimes people just hang out under the radar for years. They alrready give fence sitting talks. If someone is fading they are taking actual steps to leave. A talk wouldn't really help them, but it might frighten the friends into cutting off association with any weak ones. That would not benefit the society. They need to encourage and reactivate as many weak ones as possible.

sunspot,

Sorry for your situation. Count yourself lucky.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Is there a website just for df's ones? If there were, the link could be included on the flyers and put on cars. They could read other df's experiences, info on doctines, etc., and not feel so alone and shunned. And yet, they would not feel like they were being "apostate"....YET!!!

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

That is a good point Tatiana. There are many who are df, who have every intention of returning. Those would have to be handled different then da's or faders.

I only know a little bit about history, human nature, and the fall of totalitarian regimes.

The last one being the most germane.

Again, I am not a dub. The experts here will have to tell you how to pull this off!

• M.J.
    M.J.

Yes, I think there should be a very CONCISE web page aimed at such people which summarizes the key issues, but including embedded links to more information/resources. Information overload can turn people off, especially if they're only halfway interested in really digging for the truth.

How about it? A web page with a presentation set up like an advertising brochure or a tract.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

As an accompanying idea ... and "implosion?" Were you just trying to get the Nicholas Cage/Bruce Willis fans psyched?

The risks of killing a delusion...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit