How to implode your local congregation

by Check_Your_Premises 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

That would be a really good Idea...not quite sure how you would do it tho es

• steve2
    steve2

I really like the idea of immediate support in principle. But the difficulty I have is that the newly disfellowshipped person is often grappling with a lot of emotional overwhelm (including losts of guilt and misgivings to say the least) and their situation may be potentially aggravated if they misinterpret the motives of the offer.

I've known newly disfellowshipped JWs to be extremely selective with whom they associate (e.g., avoiding apostates and preferring those disfellowshipped for sins of the flesh or vice versa). Again, this thread discusses a worthy idea, but I'm uneasy about its implementation, especially since it may be perceived as just another pressure to resist.

• badboy
    badboy

I once heard from someone that what they did was stood up during a jw service and said words to the effect`Want to leave jws, call this number now'

They received several phone calls.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Thanks for your comments all.

I see now that this is not a very well developed idea. I will keep thinking about it and consider it at a more appropriate time in the future.

Right now I am trying to get my wife to leave. Until I have done that, I can't risk a lot of "hair pulling and jumping about" trying to kill the org or my local congregation.

Today she said in regards to the jw after I jokingly criticized her, "man, I have enough people breathing down my neck!"

She is feeling the love.... jw style.

• blondie
    blondie

You learn more from a sermon you see than you hear. I learned through the unloving actions of the JWs that they couldn't possibly be the only religion with God's favor. No matter what congregation, you would see the same sermon.

When it gets painful enough, she'll leave, especially if she has you to support her.

Blondie

• Balsam
    Balsam

This is something I have really wished could be done, especially with young people. I wish there was some insiders who could let disf'ed ones outside so we could contact them and aid them to find a new life. Would take cooperation though inside the KH from someone to pull it off.

Balsam

• wiegel
    wiegel

a house divided against itself will not stand - personally, i don't think the collapse needs any help from outsiders, or should i say additional help. the internet has flattened the playing field for the world, and the "truth" is on the loose - not hiding under a basket or in a magazine or at a meeting or in a new york building.

trudy

• TheListener
    TheListener

It seems to me that we need to take a few beginning steps.

First: We aren't really ready to do anything until we come up with a good little tract of our own. Something simple, gentle and clear. It should clearly state 'we are not apostate, but concerned current witnesses of Jehovah'.

Also, if the tract or whatever could be downloaded from the web it would be accessible anytime you hear about someone who was df'd or anything like that. You could contact someone on this board and have them download and mail it from a distant location.

Second a web page that is similar to the tract but has links to further information if the dub wants to see it.

Perhaps through the PM process we can create a one page or a front/back one page pamphlet that can be hosted online by someone. We should start a PM proces or thread where we can brainstorm about what to put in it.

If anyone has any ideas or has something written up already it would be helpful as a start.

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

Just add my 2cents:

I have been thinking about a series of tracts like this for some time, each tract hitting a different JW scandal issue.

The format I was considering was producing thus: provide the tracts online as PDF's, readable and printable with the freely downloadable Adobe Acrobat Reader. It would be formatted to print on the front and back of a 8.5"x11" sheet, then fold the page in half and you have a 4 page small tract. This format would allow just about anyone with an internet connection and printer to download the tracts and print them on their own printer.

What do you all think?

Brandon

• TheListener
    TheListener

It sounds good. It's the text and hosting of the forms that I'm concerned with. If we could just start pm'ing a sample text to some who are interested in working on this idea we may actually get this off the ground.

when writing something like this we need to keep in mind how RF was successful: kind and gentle but honest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit