How to implode your local congregation

by Check_Your_Premises 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I threw this out on another thread and someone asked that I give it it's own. There were other ideas thrown out, but this one is developed enough to merit discussion. I am not sure how to pull this off.

The idea is that there should be a way to immediately contact the newly df'd, give them the support they need, and the information they need to ESCAPE!

Then the local elders will start to notice that the df's never come back. They might even catch wind that df's are getting contacted. This will make it more difficult and costly to df.

This all hinges on good intel.

Somone in the cong needs to be able to alert the "proper authorities" when a df occurs. The fact that someone is offering inside info on the congregation will induce paranoia in the elders. They will know there is an opposer in their midst! They will need to investigate! They will need to threaten people with df to find the apostate! But wait. They are reluctant to df because the df's aren't coming back?

The ensuing atmosphere of paranoia, df-ings, and witch-hunts will turn off the otherwise normal sheep like jws. They lose faith in the org. They are ultimately df'd.... a vicious death spiral ensues.

The key here is good intel inside the local cong, and a good quick response team when the inevitable, random df occurs.

The rest will take care of itself.

• carla
    carla

I like the idea, could it really work? carla

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Here is a link to the post that led to this one. There are some other ideas on there if you are interested. This is probably the best one though.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/90904/1527073/post.ashx#1527073

• TheListener
    TheListener

I like this idea. Though, I don't know if it will have the effects you desire or not. Regardless it is a sound idea in my opinion. A disfellowshipped person is in the best position to listen to apostate reasoning. It must be kind, gentle, loving reasoning; as that is what they may not have gotten from the jc. Perhaps some of us could prepare a small tract or something; perhaps one exists already.

I wouldn't hit them with the UN or stock purchases or anything like that. I'd hit them with the various instances of changing light with the appropriate WT quotes included. If even 10% listened it would be worth it. The tract could be downloadable so that anyone could sent ( I say use snail mail - perhaps a we could pm someone here to snail mail it to someone in our local vicinity - completely unknown postal codes, etc) it anonymously to someone in their congregation, family or just a friend who gets df'd.

This would also work for anyone who is getting a return visit made on them or a bible study.

I LIKE THIS IDEA and I'm willing to donate time to help make it work. I have thought about sending CoC to people but it is just too expensive and lengthy. We need short concise, loving, kind, gentle and non-threatening material. Also, directing them to the Quotes website would be perfect. Not too threatening but definitely full of good valuable information.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Sounds good...

I guess I'll be contacting myself pretty soon...

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Not really. They'll think that when they're DFing people who are never coming back, they'll simply think they're "cleansing Jehovah's Organization".

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Like I said, if you could get good info on when/who a df occurs I think it would work quite well. That is the real trick though.

I see your sources of info as non-jw family members and faders. The non-jw family would quickly be shut out once the paranoia sets in. The jw-elder-wife cackle machine would clam up pretty quickly. Then it would be a matter of identifying the fader.

Those considered to be spiritually weak would be targeted. That would be helpful in that it would push others out.

It could also be problematic if the fader is still afraid of being identified. In that case they would be reluctant to endanger their fade and offer outside info.

But I am just a UBM, not a dub. You will have to consult the experts here.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Faders would be near impossible to ferret out. If they can hide from the elder body they can hide from us.

However, df'd ones can always be found out and given the opportunity to receive life's waters free - from us!

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    This would also work for anyone who is getting a return visit made on them or a bible study

These guys would be nice to target as well. You could either do this directly, which would require first hand knowledge of studies and return visits. This would require a very good fader, and would unfortunately be fairly easy to identify.

Another way is to use a broadcast medium. A billboard placed near the KH advertising JWD. Newspaper ad. Radio. We are talking cash for some of these.

The bible study or return visit is indeed a juicy target. The question is how do you identify those folks?

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    Faders would be near impossible to ferret out

True. They would have to be recruited and cultivated just like any intel asset. Some would seek you out if your opposition status were well known.

When are the df announcements made? Those meetings are public, no? How else would someone findout that a df occurred?

And I know they would be glad to cleanse the org.... to a point. But you have to square that desire with their desire to see growth.

It is all about the headcount.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit