I was molested for 4 years.

by Adonis 49 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Adonis
    Adonis

Again thank you so much for all of your concerns.

It gives me a lot of strength to see that I am not the only one. I feel empowered with the knowledge of that, and the insight that you have given me. In thease short hours I have seeked legal representation, and have taken the first dificult steps towards resolution. Hopefully soon I can finaly be rid of the trauma that was my youth in the Jehovah's Witnesses.

• sf
    sf

I concur with Danny, yet am aware that many covert tapings end up useless.

Either tape them publically by stating to them you will meet them someplace public; no one expects privacy in public. Or inform them when you connect with them on the phone that are going to be taping the entire conversation as documentation.

If it were me, I'd covertly tape them on the phone and save it for my own 'records' and for the chance occurance that it COULD/WOULD be useful in the future.

Incidently, do statues of limitations apply to both civil suits and criminal convictions?

sKally

• Adonis
    Adonis

Yes,

Somehow a recent Supreme Court ruleing found it unconstitutional to not have a statute of limitations on child molestation/abuse. As a result, the victim must come forward before their 26th birthday. Otherwise, like in my case, the perpetratior can no longer be held liable or responsible. In other words, sexual abusing pedofiles like my attacker are now protected by the law.

• talesin
    talesin
    Somehow a recent Supreme Court ruleing found it unconstitutional to not have a statute of limitations on child molestation/abuse. As a result, the victim must come forward before their 26th birthday. Otherwise, like in my case, the perpetratior can no longer be held liable or responsible. In other words, sexual abusing pedofiles like my attacker are now protected by the law.

This makes me so angry!!!! Not so here! There is no longer a statute of limitations.

CARL TOFT, an abuser in New Brunswick, Canada. He was a guard at a federal institution for BOYS! He molested hundreds of boys. DECADES later, he was arrested and put in prison. Thank the Goddess! Two of my friends were his victims, and still bear the scars.

Down with the statute of limitations on these soul-stealing crimes! grrrrrrrr

tal

• blondie
    blondie

Adonis, and others, this is something you can do; try and change the statute of limitations in your state as well as the reporting laws if they excuse clergy from reporting.. Check into what they are and call you state representatives and see if you can get the law changed.

SNAP is working on this as well. Check and see if they have something in the works already.

http://www.snapnetwork.org/

http://www.snapnetwork.org/legislation/write_your_rep.htm

• toladest
    toladest

Adonis, it really saddens me that you have gone through this and that itr has been SO very hard to talk about it . I hope that you will be able to find this place a comfortable place to talk. Maybe if you get started here and see how many more are just like you, then you will be able to bring it to your therapist.

My therapist was awesome! She helped me with "thought stopping" so that I would stop laying in bed at night obsessing over my abuse. She really helped me to think positively and find ways to turn my life to a positive direction.

As far as the elders, I can't tell you what to do, I can only tell you that my expierience with them was aweful. I felt victimized all over again and then they ended up DFing me! That was before all of the publicity that the WTS has faced. I don't know how they would react now, but I certainly would do what you can to warn others in the congergation.

And screw her marriage! If her marriage ends over it it won't be your fault! It would be hers! I am really at a loss as to why the other poster brought that up. YOU should NOT feel guilty for ANY of it. Even if at the time you went along willing. Even if it felt "good". You were a CHILD!!!!! She had NO RIGHT! If it were a girl being abused by a man do you think ANYONE would worry about breaking up his marriage? It is NOT ANY DIFFERENT with you.

I wish the best for you and hope you can find comfort here. Remember you have the RIGHT to do as much OR as little about this as you want to.

Sincerely,

Laurie

• Banshee
    Banshee

((((((((((Adonis)))))))))))Welcome

I'm sorry about what happened to you as a boy. I am glad you have a loving and supportive wife and that you are getting professional help.There are some good people on here, too, who understand. Take care and see you around the board.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I dont think I can add to any of the brilliant advice you have already been given, but welcome to the board and I hope you somehow find justice.

The statute of limitations is a farce isnt it?

DB74

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Adonis,

If I were you I would not talk to anyone I would make sure all communication was in written letter form so that you can protect yourself, wife, and children.

A letter takes time to read and be responded to. You don't have to be bombarded with this all at once.

Unfortunately, some in the Society will have no compassion for your situation and will probably try to tell you how many boys/men would have loved to be in your shoes with Sister Slimeball. People don't seem to be as outraged when it's a boy being victimized.

As the mother of 2 sons, I would hang this woman from a tree and beat her like a pinata.

I am so very sorry for what you have gone through and I know the effects are long lasting.

Be smart, not hasty. Think of your wife and kids. Everything you do has an effect on them as well. They did not ask to be in this boat with you so you must consider them as well.

I'm sorry if that sounded mean but children are pure and innocent. Keep yourself well so you can be the best father possible.

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Adonis-

You have a PM...

kimberlee d. norris

attorney at law

[email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit