Dead Relative Due To Blood Policy?

by AlanF 59 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Balsam
    Balsam

Evilforce,

Have ever had to deal with any JW patients? I hope the law in your state supports you in giving blood as they did the physicals in my state. When the doctor gave Dak blood some 1 1/2 after he was in the accident he still died. Because Dak refused blood and so did his father at the hospital before they transfered him weakened his heart. When they finally gave him blood it was too late.

What made you decide to be a doctor after being in the JW's?

Balsam

• Balsam
    Balsam

Lying eyes and other,

Thanks you I PM you lying eyes.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Thanks for the replies! I'm so sorry to hear about these terrible and unnecessary losses!

For those who lost loved ones, when and where did this happen?

AlanF

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

My father was an elder in Fairhope, Alabama. 2003

My father-in-law was an elder in Delavan, WI 2003

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

My Mom died in 1999.

Dr. Evil, (Sorry, somebody had to do it)

What IS the story about using whole red blood cells vs. hemoglobin. When my Mom lay dying, the doctors told us "for the time being, her only big issue was her O2 level." Her heart only stopped beating, because of lack of oxygen. I know that's probably not near the info you'd need, but, how effective CAN hemoglobin be compared to whole red cells. ?

thanks, rabbit

ps: glad you are here -- Welcome !

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I just read your post....I'll address it first thing in the a.m. Rabbit...I'm off to bed right now.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Thanks !

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

bttt

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Sorry I forgot to post on this.... so did you mother take hemoglobin or no red blood cell transfers at all? Also, if I could get a little more background info on her condition I might be able to tell you what standard procedure should have been, and what it probably was given the JW situation.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Had they already given her chemo?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit