Dead Relative Due To Blood Policy?

by AlanF 59 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

My Mom. 4 years ago. Cancer (lymphoma) of small intestine which burst, causing many infections. She had signed the "Do not pass Go, blood card". JW relatives, along with WT trained elders from the Hospital Liason Committee fooled my non-jw Dad into enforcing the strictest interpretation = no blood in any form, including hemoglobin.

Together, they smothered my Mom to death...

The Truth ? will set you free kill you.

rabbit

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Silly Rabbit, blood is for non-Dubs.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board "NoMoreMeetings".

Sorry to hear about your losses.

• iamforeverfree
    iamforeverfree

My father died from not having a blood transfusion. the blood committy was involved and everything. I mean that if my dad did take the transfusion he still would be alive today. It was his decision but a very self centered and selfish one at that. I am sure that Jehovah would have forgiven him and then we could have had coffee or go fishing still. I can't do that now because he's passed away. not to happy about that.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

welcome also "Iamforeverfree".

Sorry to hear about your dad. But he was just a follower of an evil destructive cult. Otherwise they wouldn't have the blood policy. He did what he thought "God" wanted for him. Glad you know the difference between "God" and the Watchtower.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

(((( Balsaam, Rabbit, Joy, & all of you)))))))

Balsaam , I cried reading what you wrote. I am soooooo sorry for your loss. There just is no words to say, because it is so hard to find justice . Telling your son's story will honor him , and I know if there is a heaven he is there and must be so glad that you found your way outof that religion. Balsaam , my mother committed suicide and I still hold hatred in my heart towards the WTBS for the way she was treated,,,,,her medical problems that lead up to her death and there is just nothing I can feel , as I know you know ,,that can make it better. Like I said the only peace I have is that there is a heaven and that she already knows all the things I am still searching for and I have to think she is with me smiling because I found my way out of the borg. I hope I didnt say too much, but I just can tell by your writing how heartbroken you are. You are in a place of support and love here. Hugs to you, Dede

• iamforeverfree
    iamforeverfree

THANK YOU. I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IN YOUR RESPONCE. lIFE GOES ON AND I KNOW THAT MY FATHERS SPIRT IS STILL WITH ME.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    My aunt in 1977. She bled out in childbirth. Their baby boy died too.

I missed seeing this thread, but Princess posted the above tragedy in our family. It ruined my brother's life, and their daughters grew up without their mother. Nothing was ever the same again.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

My father-in-law died after open heart surgery because he refused blood. I could see the pain in the doctor's eyes and nurses as they kept asking the family over and over again to let them give him blood so that he would live. He died in alot of pain due to his stand.

Leslie

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

As a doctor I have no qualms with using blood when necessary. Period. The latest flip flopping on the blood policy just boils my butt. The blood fraction issue is just plain STUPID!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit