Dead Relative Due To Blood Policy?

by AlanF 59 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AlanF
    AlanF

I'd like to hear comments from anyone who had a relative die because of the Watchtower Society's misguided policy on blood transfusions.

AlanF

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

My husbands cousin was born with a hole in her heart. This was back in the 70's. They couldn't fix it because they would not do the surgery without blood.

This poor little baby only lived a few days and then died.

I'm not saying that the WTS policy killed her, she obviously had a bad start at life...but who knows what they could have done if they had tried.

The whole family has never been the same. They waited a long time for that little girl especially after 4 boys.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

*sigh*

I lost my dad in January 2003 due to the blood policy. His aorta began to tear, they set him up for surgery, but the no blood policy made the surgeon apprehensive. While inserting the foley catherater they punctured the prostate, causing blood loss into the bladder. Due to the no blood policy they postponed the aorta surgery to build his blood back up and find out what exactly was going on with the catherater. 2 days later he ruptured his aorta and died instantly. Had he agreed to blood they would have done the surgery the first night he entered the hospital the doctors would have not waited "to build up his blood" but would have corrected the defect that was occuring.

Then in September 2003 my father-in-law bleed to death in a hospital after his hemmroids ruptured. Yep, you bet the JW family was hovering around making sure he didn't get any blood. They didn't even know he could get blood products like albumin to help.

Joy

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

(((Joy))),

I didn't know. I am so sorry.

Consolingly,
    OldSoul

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Thank you ((Old Soul)) for your consoling remarks.

It was one of the hardest things to go through, keeping the bastard elders out of ICU away from my dad. I even tried to get HemaPure for my dad. As you know I'm in the medical field and as a practioner I deal directly with other practioners as needed. To have to go through the hoops of the JWs to call the local elders and get a HLC member to call me to answer my questions on how to get HemaPure was very frustrating. Most janitors JW's don't realize when there is an emergency, you deal with it immediately, not in an hour or so. The condesending remarks from the "elders" to little ole me, a woman, showed what a good-old-boy-sick-cult the JWs are.

IMHO the blood policy is deplorable and too many innocent people die for a man made doctrine.

edited to add: the poor JW rank & file are keep so ignorant by the blood policy not being understood by them. If the R & F JW doesn't understand, well its because the Governing Body are such wonderful, intelligent people. It makes me sick to think that intelligent regular humans don't question why the policy doesn't make sense and leaves it up to some old men to decide their fate for them.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Yes, Alan, my mother, though already disfellowshipped for smoking, "stood firm" on the blood issue when hospitalized with severe arteriosclerosis. Yes, she probably didn't have long to live; and she had stated that she didn't want to live if it meant living as an invalid; but she would not have died at that time if she had agreed to a blood transfusion. She had also refused life-saving major surgery to remove much of the arterial plaque.

Her death certificate stated death was the result of asphixiation due to refusal of a blood transfusion. Or so I was told by my sister who is a "loyal" dub, and she was able to see the death certificate.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

My brother would not take a bone marrow transplant or a blood transfusion when diagnosed with acute myeloid leukimia at the age of 21. He died nine months later.

I wrote about it here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/63039/1.ashx

and here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/79037/1.ashx

and here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/79832/1.ashx

-Doodle-V

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

My cousin's wife was diagnosed with a brain tumor in 1958, requiring an operation and subsequent blood transfusions. She accepted the operation, but needed blood. It was not given. She died. This created quite a stir in my neighborhood, some people calling this policy of JWs murder.

• doodle-v
  • Balsam
    Balsam

My Son Dak McGill died March 11th 2001, after he was in an auto accident traveling home with a brother from the Sunday meeting. He needed blood to have any chance at all to survive, as he had man internal injuries and bleeding. His Dad refused blood for him after he became unconscious. Dak like the well trained JW kid he was, refused blood at the scene of the accident before he lost consciousness to the paramedics. His Dad and I had trained him well. The second hospital trauma center did give him blood because the law allowed it because he was a minor, but the damage was already done to his heart.

His death was the end of my devotion to the WTS, and the beginning of understanding that the Faithful & Discreet Slave or Governing Body did not represent Jehovah or any God's interests with humankind. I was responsible too, teaching my children to refuse blood and how terrible it was. Terrible price to pay for some man made concept.

DAK MCGILL

http://www.mem.com/display/biography.asp?ID=9894

His story is also featured at AJWRB.ORG.

http://ajwrb.org/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit