Dead Relative Due To Blood Policy?

by AlanF 59 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Scully
    Scully

Not dead, but close to it: me... due to a postpartum hemorrhage almost 20 years ago.

• pc
    pc

My mom died May 21, 2001. My mom had been battling Aplastic enemia (not producing platlets) for about 4 years. If she had taken platlets she could have most likely lived a longer fufilled life. I fought with her and my dad and tried to make her take blood but she was to weak to grasp the information on thier blood policy. She then developed mylopasia(red blood cells not producing).

I went down and spent the last week of her life caring for her at home. The JW's would come over and it just made me sick to look at them. The day before my mom died at home with me and my dad, the witlesses came over to make dinner for us at thier condo. The loser sister didn't even bring the meal prepared. She started preparing lasagna in my mom's kitchen as my mom lay in her bedroom dying. They all congregated in her kitchen and talked and laughed as I gave my mom morphine to ease her pain. She died the next morning.

My mom's funeral was another joke. The people who weren't JW's (very few) couldn't believe the talk. My mom came from Mississippi from a very poor family. She decided to go to NY because she wanted to be a singer. My mom became a professional singer in the 40's and 50's. She performed at the Copacabana and other places in the city. She Went around the globe during WWII with the USO, and modeled for Bergdorf Goodmans in NY. They mentioned none of it. My non JW brother-in-law was so angry when we left the Kingdom Hall. I wish I would have said something at the time to celebrate her but I was to use to thier control.

As I write this I am overcome with sadness. The whole experience was so surreal. I just shake my head at all our stupidity for not questioning more, but at least, I am blind no more.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Alan you have a pm

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((Balsam)))) ((((pc))))

*can't say anything due to emotions of dealing with a cult and a bad blood policy*

I'm so sorry for your losses and the emotions that can still be stirred up thinking about the JWs and their arragonce.

• garybuss
  • Princess
    Princess

My aunt in 1977. She bled out in childbirth. Their baby boy died too.

• NoMoreMeetings
    NoMoreMeetings

1. My step father's brother in 1933 due to a refusal

for surgery to remove a tumor because surgery was bad.

2. My son in 1994 from leukemia

3. My step father in 2005 from refusal to take platelets.

I left 3 years ago and am now a pastor of a community church

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

My grandmother died from it.... 1 or 2 pints of blood would have saved her. In fact she would have probably been ok, had the doctor simply KNEW he could use it if necessary. But because he knew he could not he overexpanded her blood volume with replacements which set off a cascade of issues. Sad, Sad!!!

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

The JW who came to my door the other day said "it's extremely rare that a doctor would say 'you need a blood transfusion or you will die'" and that it most cases a transfusion wont' make any difference!

-Doodle-V

• wanderlustguy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit