Dead Relative Due To Blood Policy?

by AlanF 59 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Thanks for all the info. I was just talking to a JW about all this and explained to them that hemoglobin, for all practical purpose...equals whole RBC's. So, 'why' is there a difference to the GB ? Why aren't they simply clear, one way or the other ? Why so much confusion ?

I got the "Newer, brighter, now a little dimmer, flickering Light..." speech.

It's also amazing how many JW's STILL opt for the strictest "No blood of any kind," no fractions, no 'stored' blood, as in heart/lung & kidney dialysis.

Do any 'undercover' Elders have any stats on what percentages go with the "Old or New" schools of thought ?

"Oh G-o-d...? Hey, I hate this religion...don't you ?"

rabbit

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

They leave it to "Christian Conscience".... which means they don't want to make a big stand on it to show how wrong they were.

So point it out to them. Let them question the elders. Let them hear the elders themselves stammer and stutter trying to explain it.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

bump

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I just have to bump this, when we talk about deaths from the blood policy we miss some of these, and lose the scope of how many there really are.

purps

I was actually looking for another thread of AlanF's and got sidetracked onto this one.

• StAnn
    StAnn

A very dear friend of mine lost his grandmother last week to the blood policy. She desperately needed heart bypass surgery but her family insisted she not take blood. The docs tried stents, nothing worked. She continued to have heart attacks in the hospital. The doctors sat the family down and told them that, without a blood transfusion she would die. The family moved her to hospice. She died last week. Could have probably had another 10 years if she'd been permitted to have heart bypass surgery.

StAnn

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Marked

• bsmart
    bsmart

Bumping for the newbies!

I have a sister who nearly died, thanks to this nonsense. (cardiac problems & anemia). Long slow recovery.... She thanks Jehovah instead of her doctors who did pull her through.

• possum
    possum
    I am still shocked that I actually took medical advice putting the wellbeing of my family/children from a publishing organisation and elders who the Royal Commission showed "can't remember anything". oh dear!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I know of the opposite of a relative dying due to refusing a blood transfusion. It was a sister in the congregation that gave birth to a child. It was either she or her infant that needed a blood transfusion and she made the decision to accept it. She was disfellowshipped, of course, so now a baby had its mother and a mother had her infant.
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

My husbands uncle just died refusing treatment for leukemia. This type is not fast, and will respond to transfusions. But of course, he refused, and it didn't take long. At least his promise to leave everything to "the society" didn't happen. He left it all to his best friend ( he was not married).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit