Well, how do you like it?

by Schizm 33 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I don' t know if David having his food on Goliath's neck is such a good idea either as David is about to cut his head off.

Kwin

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I'm no art critic (I just know what I like and what I don't) but I can honestly say I like that! I think it's very interesting and I wouldn't change it in any way.

I am very impressed!

Annie

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i think its awesome.. the artistic talent some humans have amaze me.!

• kls
    kls

That is really neat and the detail is outstanding.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Our son graduated last weekend, and his bronze and metal sculpture is on display at their university art museum. I'll see if I can attach a photo here.

Well, the attachment is very small, and you can't see the details. It's life size, and dad and mom are very proud.

• Schizm
    Schizm

My congratulations to you son, Java, for his magnificient piece of art. WOW!

• freedom96
    freedom96

I like it!

• Schizm
    Schizm

Regarding the David & Goliath sculpture, this is what the artist believes was discovered:

In preparation for this sculpture, some discoveries have been made....
    Exciting Discovery
    Interpreting written words is a fascinating process. There is the simple surface reading that results in a superficial understanding. Some go to the point of visualizing the story which leads to an even deeper grasp of the account. But the third step resulted in our "exciting discovery". We actually reenacted the steps taken by David and found problems. The exciting thing about problems are the solutions. Let us list for you the details that had to be considered for our sculpture.
    Goliath had a copper helmet, he had a coat of mail that weighed 125 pounds.Copper greaves protected his shins. He had a javelin of copper and a spear that was likened to the beam of a loom worker with a blade that weighed 15 pounds. This champion warrior was not alone as he approached David, there was another warrior walking ahead of Goliath carrying a "large shield". This aid to Goliath was hand picked to protect the champion from arrows, javelin, and STONES!
    When Goliath saw David, a boy of about 18 years, he was angered. Goliath said, "Am I a dog, so that you are coming to me with staves"? The only weapon Goliath saw and commented on was the staff in David's hand. The Biblical account states that David had a sling in his hand, but that sling was never seen by the giant until it was too late. He had five smooth stones in his "shepherd's bag", again, not seen by Goliath.
    Why a "Staff"?

Goliath was protected by the shield bearer from any stone that would be thrown. Seeing David with only a "staff" would have drawn the giant out from behind the shield. At the last second David "thrust" his hand into the bag and pulled out a stone. In less than one second, David dropped the staff, loaded the sling and fired the stone. The staff was a ploy, a decoy. That is why there is no staff in David's hand in our sculpture. .... The moral? Big is not always bright.

What do YOU think? Do you think the above has any merit to it?

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I think it is pretty awesome! The talent of some people just blows me away!

Java...your sons work is amazing. Extraordinary. You must be very, VERY proud!

Cathy L.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I think it's wild speculation. Those details are not included, so it's humorous to me that a person would not only make them up, but seem to really believe what he's made up as the "true story". Oh yeah, that's what virtually all bible "commentary" is: made up shit, enveloped in outrageous self-importance.

But it's a damn fine piece of work anyway; I like it. The face seems rather not-semitic from the distances I'm seeing it at though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit