Well, how do you like it?

by Schizm 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Schizm
    Schizm

Bronze sculpture depicting David & Goliath.

Actual size: 14 feet high x 16 feet long x 14 feet wide.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Striking that pose, it is as if David is saying "I'm too sexy for this giant, too sexy for Philistines - too sexy for war.."

• zulukai
    zulukai

HOT DAMN! I like it!!

• Angharad
    Angharad

I think its brilliant !

Now THAT is art - not like some pile of bricks or an unmade bed or tent which some people manage to pass of as art !

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

yup i like it

it will go great in my front garden

how much is it..do you deliver

• dh
    dh

i think david looks a tad smarmy, i would prefer a different pose to be honest, something not so 'look at me aren't i great'.

edited to add: that's not to diminish it as a piece of art, the workmanship is impressive.

• luna2
    luna2

Beautiful!

• JAVA
    JAVA

Who made it, and where is it located?

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

It's very moving. Extraordinary work.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Actually, I'm inclined to agree with what DH said: "David looks a tad smarmy". I'm not so sure that depicting David's foot atop the neck of the defeated Goliath was such a good idea. Just standing beside him would have been sufficient.

But, anyway, here's the man who did this impressive work. At one time in his life he served as a JW missionary in Brazil & Bermuda, a total of 17 years. For a while in the not-too-distant past I enjoyed a few discussions with him via email, and I can tell you that he's a person that pays close attention to all the details of any given subject.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit