Sam's watch

by Slidin Fast 86 Replies latest jw friends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Sorry guys, I've got to point out a comment my wife made when she saw the video; she wondered why he was "hiding" his left hand under the table!!

Just adding to the mix!

p.s. Is it compulsory for all JW TV broadcasters to wear rings on both hands????????

Is this going to a sign of status in the Org?

I'm checking out my Elders' fingers from now on!

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Forget the watch, why the second ring? Aint they supposed t keep it simple like? Reckon.......
  • sir82
    sir82

Based on fastJehu's close-up, if that's not a genuine Rolex, it's a darn good imitation.

Any possibility to blow that up even more? Or get another still from the video?

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

This interests me, as I used to be pretty big watch enthusiast, with a decent collection. 

The polished center links of the bracelet give it away as a true Rolex.  Even Invicta's don't really have it like that.  However, the purple reflection off the rotating bezel makes me want to say it's a fake.  Real Rolex's don't really have a purple hue.....it's more blue, though different lighting can cause this effect. 

I find it amazing that it's not even a "regular" gold Rolex Submariner....oh no!  It's one with a "Serti" dial.  This would extra $$$$$$ for sure.  

Possibilities:

1.  Real Rolex Submariner with Serti dial.  Sam could claim a rich brother bought it for him, but what does it say that Sam kept it?   Imagine how many Kingdom Halls a $22,000 USD Rolex watch could build in Africa, where Andre probably lives? 

2.  Fake Rolex Sam bought off the NYC street.  Probably cost $75.00.  It's fake, and what does that say about Sam being such a gigantic POSUER that he's wearing a fake watch to represent the one "True" religion?  Irony anyone?

3.  Possible Invicta homage.  Invicta makes some good cheap watches, and they did at one time make one with a gold Serti dial.  You can still buy them if you look around. 

Hey, Judge Rutherford had not 1, but 2 16 cylinder Cadillac's during the Great Depression while JW's suffered.  What's a Gold Rolex and an Infinity to these guys?  Pocket change. 

- Wing Commander

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Have a look at the bracelet. At a given angle the inner members of the bracelet shine black.

The Rolex: 

EDIT: Wing Commander was fast then me - the fastJehu   ;-)

• Simon
    Simon

I don't know why people go on about Rolex's ... this is the best watch ever - it had a game AND a calculator and got me through many classes at school. How many of these could you buy for one Rolex?

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

@ simon

How many bicycles (I drove to school) could you buy for one mercedes?   

• jonza
    jonza

Fake or not, it's certainly not discrete

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

If it were a panerai, hublot, or AP... I might feel this was Gods organization, as those are watches I enjoy... but rolex... wide and spacious road of watches lol 

• Letts Party
    Letts Party
    Yea a Panerai would have me re-evaluating my doubts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit