Sam's watch

by Slidin Fast 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    It would be awesome if someone can get a close up of that watch could be a real nail in the coffin. 
  • Letts Party
    Letts Party

this is a Seiko Divers watch and wouldn't be considered a Knock off... Don't mean to make a huge deal about this but I have a thing for watches and I don't like seeing people (whoever they are) accused of things we have no real concrete proof of. I'm just your average devil's advocate. 

THIS on the other hand is a Replica Rolex submariner, (a knock off and even illegal to sell)... If this is what he has on his wrist, then by all means, you're absolutely correct in your assessment.

• cleanideas
    cleanideas
    The pictures Letts Party posted DO NOT match the watch on Sams wrist exactly.  The Rolex one I posted DOES.  Complete color match.  It's clearly a Rolex in my continued opinion.  I looked at Fossil brand as well.  None match as closely as the Rolex does.  

It would help if someone could find a cheap watch that has the exact same color pattern as the Rolex I found.  Until then it will remain in my opinion it's a very expensive Rolex.   
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit
    It is most likely a GIFT from a wealthy brother.   
  • Letts Party
    Letts Party

Cleanideas, maybe you're right and perhaps its just my screen resolution. From the video grab, I can't really tell that the bezel on his watch is blue. And the dial seems to be reflecting off a light source. I really hope you guys are right cause it'd be hilarious and sad at the same time, but I'm not convinced. It looks like the dial is reflecting since you can't see the hands at all. 

Here's another one for good measure:

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Regardless of whether it's a rolex or a knock-off or some other big brand's version of a rolex,  weren't we always told as JWs that appearances matter?  You can't be alone with someone your dating, not because you'll definitely have sex, but because it might look like you could've had sex.  You don't wear flashy clothes to the KH even if they're cheap imitations because it looks like you're making a "showy display."  It doesn't matter what it really is, or how he got it.  What matters is that he's a televangelist wearing a gold watch that looks exactly like a $20k rolex, along with 2 gold rings.  

I don't care if that watch came out of a box of cracker-jacks, his wearing it for a public appearance on the web is absolutely the height of hypocrisy.

• cleanideas
    cleanideas

Great points everyone.  Honestly anymore this is how JW TV appears to me:  

• Letts Party
    Letts Party
    ^^ Amen
  • sir82
    sir82

Wasn't there a thread on this forum, many many years ago, about how JR Brown, media spokesman for the Watchtower, had an Infiniti Q45 (or similar) as his personal auto?

EDIT: Found it: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/56738/how-much-do-cos-make

Lots of funny stuff on that old thread.

• fastJehu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit