How Do YOU Feel Knowing That YOU Were In A Cult?

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

For years, I refused to think of the Witnesses as a "cult". Too harsh and restrictive of a word for me......But there is no denying that we were all in a mind controlling cult. Are you embarrassed or uncomfortable knowing that you belonged to a cult just like the Moonies and the Branch Davidians are/werw a cult??

• gumby
    gumby

I feel pretty good. My back hurts and I have acid reflux, but other than that I feel fine. I have noticed my skin is a bit dryer than it was before.

Gumby

• minimus
    minimus

Gumby, what do you take for your acid reflux?

• gumby
    gumby

Aciphex.........and it was all the witnesses fault too!!!! Soon as I was dfed....I started eating tums.......those sick bastards....I outta sue em' for makin me sick!

*goes in and overdoses on aciphex*

Gumby

• Gill
    Gill

Daft

A Mug

Stupid

Silly

Ignorant

Embarrassed

A Dipstick

Brainless

Braindead

Foolish

But No Acid Reflux.....at least, not yet!

• Terry
    Terry

I think ex JW's are so accustomed to separating themselves from themselves that they no longer have the capacity to see what they were in any meaningful way.

What was I when I was a JW?

My personality was damaged; my self-image distorted.

I wasn't a ME I was an organization.

I was like salt dissolved in a stirred glass of water: transparent; nobody home.

I moved with the mob.

I was a "made" man.

It took over 20 years after leaving the Kingdom Hall for the last time to become an individual.

Now, I look back and don't see me at all; I see somebody who thought they were me.

I was in a cult and I was convinced. That means I'm culpable in deceiving myself and others.

Once you face that you can never really trust again. I don't "trust" anybody or anything. I'm just now learning to trust me.

Terry

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Terry, I really like the depth you put into your posts...

I feel responsible for helping others if they want the help now that I know the truth...

• gumby
    gumby
    I feel responsible for helping others if they want the help now that I know the truth...

That's how come I started the rabbit cud thread ya dang knucklehead!

Gumby

*promotes own thread*

• rebel8
    rebel8

I feel really embarassed. That's why I tell no one. Only my best friend and spouse know.

• minimus
    minimus

Terry, being a JW is like being in the Mob. There's only 2 ways to get out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit