Have you ever been to an Apostofest or met JWD posters?

by JH 49 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

I would love to go to a Fest! Will try to get to Vegas in October, if I can make some bux.

Have met 4 JWDers in person. They were all gems. Have talked to several on the fone, and I'm just going to make 'first contact' in about 5 minutes via phone with another dear soul. I can't wait to hear the voice!

JH, if you are ever gonna make it to Newfie Scotia, please let me know, and we can hook up for coffee, maybe w/ Kwin & H2H or Shera. Would love to meetcha. Sorry that I said something not so nice to you once long ago, it was a case of mistaken identity. My bad!

tal

• JH
    JH

I don't remember that talesin... I won't go check my 6000 some posts....lol

I never went to the maritime provinces, although it's not too far away... Maybe I should...

w/ Kwin & H2H or Shera yeah, I know them....It would be fun, but I don't drink coffee. Just labatts....

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Tal, did you see the thread about the New England Fest folks are trying to get organized ? The last I read it'll be anywhere from Boston to Maine. maybe you'll get your wish early !

We still want to go to Las Vegas, I still have some healing to do so I can make some money, too !

Rabbit

• JAVA
    JAVA

I've had two Apostofests at our home in Dayton, Ohio several years ago, and attended another in Columbus, Ohio. I've been to two large ex-JW gatherings, one in Chicago and the other in Waterloo, Ontario. I've met a few others that used to get together in Greenville, Ohio, and larc and his spouse live in the same area, and we met several times before the Internet. Doctor Bob came into town on business, and we had a great time while eating and drinking beer.

• hubert
    hubert
    I might go to an apostofest in July, only if my good friend is there....

JH, I guess you are talking about the New England one in (hopefully) July. I hope your friend makes it, so you'll be more comfortable.

If your friend doesn't make it, you can hang around with the wife and I, and I see Zev and Gwen are planning to go also, and they are a very nice and sociable couple. I have a couple of beers now and then, but I never get rowdy, and the wife doesn't drink at all. I met Zev and Gwen, and I'm pretty sure they are moderate drinkers, if they drink at all. I don't remember them drinking when we went out to eat with them a while back. (Really swell people).

I have never been to a real apostofest.

I have met 3 ex-j.w.'s, and they are all really friendly people.

Hubert

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I just went to my first one this past weekend in Dallas and it was great.

Everyone was very welcoming and interesting, much better in person than just reading lines on a monitor. I would highly recomend attending an apostafest.

DL76

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Met Robdar and beelzedub - and not yet been to an apostafest but determined to get to one in the next few months

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I shall be at my very first one July 23 at my house! If you can't go to one somewhere else...just have it at your place!! But I have met a few of the illustrious posters on this board and I must confess...X-JW's (and those that support them) are very, VERY cool!

Cathy L.

P.S. Though we will be having beverages of the alcoholic variety at this apostafest...I am hoping that everyone will be well behaved...at least to a certain extent!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Dragonlady,

I was very glad to have met ya' in Dallas, I wish we had been able to get there earlier and talked to you longer.

Btw, for a 'Dragonlady' you have a beautiful smile.

Thanks to Cris & Nina for being such great hosts and great crawfish, too !

The Rabbits

• bisous
    bisous
    I have been to a few...but the last one scared me............everyone got blasted......

I don't know about that, but .... I was at the same one and because someone got STUPID ... I doubt I'll go to another. Would also think twice about hosting one ... at least an open invite. Would do a closed invite one so I know who's coming to my home.

That said, I have met several amazing people as well at Aposto-thingamebobs...and wouldn't replace that experience or acquired friendships for anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit