Have you ever been to an Apostofest or met JWD posters?

by JH 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

I've held 3 fests so far, the 4th is coming up on July 9. I've also been to one in Manchester, UK and one in Panama City Beach, Florida. I've been to several get-togethers also and had quite a few ex's come over to stay with us in our home. So far we've played happy hosts to Alan F, Julie F, Norm, Little Toe, Jst2laws and Joyzabel.

I think that I've met around 80 ex's so far. It's been really great to do so. A few things stand out: LT's fiddling, Big Tex's kilt, Lisavegas' cleavage , Kents singing, Ballistics weight loss, Jst2laws resemblance to the Sherrif of Nottingham, Simon's incredible Elvis impersonation, Tracy 41's GI Jane outfit, Megadude's soccer skills, Celtic's absolute eccentricity, gawd, I could go on for ever.

Englishman.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I can vouch for the fact Englishman's are the best apostfests. I'm also really pleased I'm known for weight loss and not my ability to get extremely drunk - there again, Mikes BBQs do involve drinking and having fun over an extended period of time!!!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    I think that I've met around 80 ex's so far. It's been really great to do so. A few things stand out: LT's fiddling, Big Tex's kilt, Lisavegas' cleavage , Kents singing, Ballistics weight loss, Jst2laws resemblance to the Sherrif of Nottingham, Simon's incredible Elvis impersonation, Tracy 41's GI Jane outfit, Megadude's soccer skills, Celtic's absolute eccentricity, gawd, I could go on for ever.

Englishman

Hahahahaha......that made me laugh out loud...

• JH
    JH
    I am hoping that everyone will be well behaved...at least to a certain extent!

Don't worry Hadenuf. The rat is very civilized, and should behave..if he gets lots of cheese.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Have been to Englishman's BBQ last year and plan to go this year as well.

Have been to the Amsterdam apostofest once.

Great people.

• talesin
    talesin

Want to go to Vegas in October. Working on it ...

t

• JH
    JH
    Want to go to Vegas in October. Working on it ...

I never went to Vegas...Maybe one day.....

• fairchild
    fairchild

I've never met anyone from the board, but I'd love to meet every single one of you. From reading on the board, I understand that the apostafests can get a bit 'wild' at times. Heh, that's a reason to me for not going. I don't drink alcohol, don't do drugs and I'm a very shy and quiet person. Hahahahaha, the ideal apostafest for me would be to sit around the house, drink tea, eat cookies, read Shakespeare and listen to opera. But hey, we're all different.

I live in Upstate NY, Adirondack region. If you look at a map, I'm somewhere between the cities of Rome and Old Forge. Anyone who lives within driving distance, or anyone who would be in the neighborhood for some reason, please send me a pm. perhaps we could meet (and listen to some opera, mwhahaha). I have a very small place, but my yard is about 60 acres, plenty of room to pitch a tent.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I have been to a few...but the last one scared me............everyone got blasted......

I don't know about that, but .... I was at the same one and because someone got STUPID ... I doubt I'll go to another. Would also think twice about hosting one ... at least an open invite. Would do a closed invite one so I know who's coming to my home.

I was at that one too, but all the "STUPID" stuff happened after we left. There is something to be said for not having an open invitation. We aren't all going to be compatible.

I've been to several and had fun at all of them. The most fun was the one at Joy and Steve's in Panama City Beach. We met about 65 others from the board at that one. Very fun...............costumes because it was Halloween.

t's been really great to do so. A few things stand out: LT's fiddling, Big Tex's kilt, Lisavegas' cleavage , Kents singing, Ballistics weight loss, Jst2laws resemblance to the Sherrif of Nottingham, Simon's incredible Elvis impersonation, Tracy 41's GI Jane outfit, Megadude's soccer skills, Celtic's absolute eccentricity, gawd, I could go on for ever.

Mike...............I'm so hurt.............don't you remember the Indian woman. ..........with long black hair?????

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Yes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit