Have you ever been to an Apostofest or met JWD posters?

by JH 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Mike...............I'm so hurt.............don't you remember the Indian woman. ..........with long black hair?????

Yes I remember that lady..she kept goosing me and saying: "Hello big boy... show me what you're made of."

Englishman.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I have met several folks from this forum - and another one that used to be 'on the air'.

Let's see... about 15 to 25 - or so, all total. About 5 to 7 of these were in person, and the rest were at an 'Aposta-mess'.

I don't think I would be interested in going to another Aposta- mess - as a result of that. Not my thing. Others like meeting like that, but it was too much like a 'circuit assembly' for my liking. What with folks talking JW-issues they had and all... some even brought out old WT-pubs to discuss JW doctrines. *shudder*

I like to believe (right or wrong) that I've progressed beyond that - and don't have the need - to discuss old JW doctrines anymore.

The folks that I have met in person - have been really really nice folks.

Regards,

Jim TX

(Your mileage may vary... some restrictions may apply... not available in all states... )

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I have been to a few...but the last one scared me............everyone got blasted......

Yeah, that one apostafest wasn't the best experience! I have been to several others and nothing like that happened, so I think it was an isolated event.

Hope to see you at a future one, codeblue! I need more of your pink merlot! ;)

• bisous
    bisous

Doc-

I'd like to think it was isolated too...but someone I really like was hurt badly and deeply offended by that *one* incident. The thought of that and how much further it could have gone, and very easily too ... shook me up and made me think I was pretty naive to put an open invite out there for the one at my home. That said, mine went very well and there were many great people.

But after the meltdown in Seattle I decided to be a lot more cautious and only attend or host closed invitation get togethers.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I don't think I've ever seen anyone taking drugs at a fest, although I don't include someone smoking pot which isn't, IMHO, a big deal. We did once have someone keep thumping the table in the pub which was about the only instance of embarrasing behaviour that I've witnessed.

Englishman.

• upside/down
    upside/down

I met AlanF (or did he meet me?) at my home a little while back...

We'll BBQ and hot-tub some in the future I'm sure... as I thoroughly enjoyed his company...

u/d (of the still gonna have a Rocky Mountain Oyster/Aposta "fest" class)

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

What happened at this "one" apostafest? Oh me so curious for the info now! Tell me, tell me, tell me. Am I correct on my impression that someone was doing drugs? Herion, cocaine, tweek, acid, what was it...its not fair for you guys to be keeping the rest of us in the dark about this, enquiring minds want to know!...Do tell.

-April, of the *I'm really not nosey* class

• Bryan
    Bryan

We get together with Bubbamar almost every Saturday to share dinner and play games. It was Pictionary last night.

and one Dallas Apostofest where we made great friends!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Honesty
    Honesty

Since I am going to get reinstated soon, soon, soon I don't think the elders will let me attend a gathering with ex-JW's. I will ask for permission, though I doubt it will be granted to an unrepentant person like me who told the WBTS that the Governing Body is full of demon worshippers. I really would like to attend one before the elders let me come slithering back through the KH door so I can sit on the back row, get reindoctrinated and get talked about for at least 2 years by the spiritually strong JW's before my reinstatement due to the dissing I gave those apostate Governing Body members.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

honesty,

I remember you posted that you df'd the gb. If they reinstate you will you reinstate them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit