Do you think the world will end soon. If so, when?

by Rod P 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LMS-Chef
    LMS-Chef

I don't think it really matters when it is going to end. All we need is Faith that it will happen, it doesn't matter when. It is just like in school. At least for me it was. I have a test, I know when it is. I would usually wait for the night before to study for it and i wouldn't do as well as I could if I would have prepared longer. If I didn't know when a test was I would constantly be studying to always be ready. I had faith it was coming, I didn't know when. Trying to figure out when wouldn't really help me anyway so I just kept on studying. After a while I knew the material so well it didn't matter when it came because i was ready. So to with this question. If we are ready the time frame doesn't matter. It couldn't happen for thousands of years it could happen now, or .......now. Either way we have a responsibility to work at it the best we can ready at anytime but ALSO living our lives now. God didn't put us here to suffer all the time, he probably doesn't want us to suffer at all. Live your life. Go to college get a good job. Take vacations, save money for your retierment, save money for the kids college do things to make life now easier. God wants us to be happy, not worrying.about the end. We know from the Bible that God can raise our dead boddies up. Who cares if there is a nuclear war, or even if the Earth explodes. God will not forget us. I could type all day long but I will stop for now. Don't worry....be happy.

• heathen
    heathen

LMS -Chef --- I would have to differ on the statement that God doesn't want us to suffer . The bible clearly shows that those that try to stay faithful and true will suffer and that through suffering was the only way for people to show they had uncompromising faith and loyalty and only through suffering could anybody be considered righteous . That is why my belief that all the 144k have to pass the final test of putting their life on the line for kingdom interests is valid . There are alot of clues that lead me to believe that the 144k adopted sons must put their lives on the alter of God for the sake of preaching the Gospel message of jesus christ .

• Rod P
    Rod P

Doubtfully yours,

Never say "never"!

LMS-chef,

How can you have faith about the coming "end of the world" when it has been predicted in every century for about 2000 year now, and it still hasn't happened. How do you know we are not being fed another false prophesy this time, and the next, and the next. When will it end?

heathen,

Never mind the suffering, when do you think the end of the world is coming, or is it, in your opinion?

doogie,

Correction: "The world will end for me at the precise moment I do." In other words, you believe in a relative end (for you), rather than an absolute end (for the human race). And what happens if you wake up on the other side and find out you are still there, and alive?

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Do you still believe, or now believe that the end is nigh, and if so, how, when and why?

NO

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

>> Do you still believe, or now believe that the end is nigh, and if so, how, when and why?

When Jo-hobah comes flying back in his alumnium spaceship from Pleadies, the world ends in a deluge of "miricle wheat."

• heathen
    heathen

Rod P-- I really think we are very close to the end of the world . Just my opinion here . I don't even bother trying to count the gentile times and such but I am convinced those beasts in revelation are the league of nations the UN and the US british coelition and right now the 666 beast is running the show with the illuminati at the helm . To have the kind of power that the beast has would require the technology that is available today and I really don't think it could have been during the roman empire since the beast is removed by the arrival of christ in kingdom power which didn't happen in the first century . I really do think the world is a crappy place and think when it does end that things will be better . True people won't be able to excercise free will anymore but there will be peace and security by obeying the kingdom arrangement or else you will die anyway which is something that happens in this world and nothing new .

• Rod P
    Rod P

heathen,

Conspiracy buffs see a "communist under every rock", or the "Illuminati in every nook and cranny."

If you think the world is a crappy place, you are right.

If you think the world is a beautiful place, you are right.

This is the nature of the human race. "Believing is seeing." We tend to see and believe what we want to see and believe.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If when you die, the "world" ends for you, then what do you care if the "world" is going to come to an end? Most believers worry that it might end before it is time for them to die, and so they feel quite insecure. Still others solve the problem by "getting right with God" so that He will bring them thru safely into the New World.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What makes you think that "free will" ends when the "New World - Kingdom" arrives. Does this mean that all survivors into the new "system of things" are looking forward to becoming "Robots"? Think about it!

Rod P.

• acadian
    acadian

Let's see, if my calculations are right... tomorrow 3:39p.m.

• acadian
    acadian

WAIT! ...New Light!... (damn, flashlight not working again...)

• Puternut
    Puternut

Many worlds have ended. New worlds start everyday.

Puternut

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit